Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photographer/Videographer looking to do some full features ASAP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photographer/Videographer looking to do some full features ASAP!

Just moved up to ontario from new york looking to get into the scene, I do photography and videography if anyone is interested in a shoot. I am doing the first few free to get my name out there in this area. Trying to do big things this season so get a shoot in while the deal is fresh and free!

Currently located in brampton

Check out my page to see my pics from last season in new york www.facebook.com/dumpeddaily
    all new gear bag this season as well, soon to have a jib crane for video.

going to get a website up and running in a few weeks so if you have a shoot done it will be posted there as well as the facebook page and will include a full write up.

text me or email me
    taylordeanrobinson@gmail.com
    416-897-7506

send some pics of your car!

bumpp

Comment

Lots of quality shots on your FB. GL with your pursuits! I think a lot of pro car / meet photographers do it as a side job. I think there is one guy on JDMR.ca that is the official BMW photographer, that kind of gig would keep you busy year round.

You looking into full time career photography? Or is this more of high level passion with perks?
      www.artpal.com/philbrick

Comment

I'm not sure if you're charging money or not, but I would recommend offering some free shoots to members so that you can build your portfolio up

you could have some ammo to post a structured set of shots that represents what you can expect when you go out shooting. Also.... rates!

Just my 2 cents, or i guess my 1 nickel now...
        Skyline hipster owl

Comment

good work though
          Skyline hipster owl

Comment

Originally posted by TheHire View Post
            Lots of quality shots on your FB. GL with your pursuits! I think a lot of pro car / meet photographers do it as a side job. I think there is one guy on JDMR.ca that is the official BMW photographer, that kind of gig would keep you busy year round.

You looking into full time career photography? Or is this more of high level passion with perks?
            I have a full time job right now so I guess it would be the high level passion with perks, I absolutely love doing photography from taking the pics to the hours of post production work. Id like to be able to make money off it but I'm not sure if I could count on it as my sole income unless i got a deal with some company or my page gets big enough and grows sponsors and all that good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrocker View Post
              I'm not sure if you're charging money or not, but I would recommend offering some free shoots to members so that you can build your portfolio up

you could have some ammo to post a structured set of shots that represents what you can expect when you go out shooting. Also.... rates!

Just my 2 cents, or i guess my 1 nickel now...
              That is precisely what I am doing. First handful of shoots I do will be free to grow my portfolio and give future customers a reason to want to pay for a shoot from me. I put a ton of work into my shots and post production and if i feel the product isnt perfect I will not release it until it is, I have a lot of dedication and passion towards my photography work.

Heres an old pic I had on my laptop that I went back and edited today out of boredom, just to show what kind of post production work I do.

Comment

Comment

Hey Taylor, i'll be looking for a videographer around mid-July when I'm back in Canada, hopefully you will have your jib crane by then?
                  We will be in touch!

Kunal
                  97' R33 GT-R Vspec
                  Sonic Silver

www.arnejatrading.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kunzz View Post
                    Hey Taylor, i'll be looking for a videographer around mid-July when I'm back in Canada, hopefully you will have your jib crane by then?
                    We will be in touch!

Kunal
                    Im going to go with ill definitely have it by then, what kind of video you looking to do?

Comment

When I was in high school I worked in a photo studio, before the age of digital editing, post editing came way of air brush. So even to this day i don't do any digital post production of my work. Just never got into it... You did a great job with that RSX photo, looks amazing. But to me it's kinda like the fake tits vs real tits debate.

Currently do the occasional side job for a real-estate agent. Charge like 100$ per house, for just a disc of the 2 or 3 best raw images of each room and exterior. $120 if they want virtual tour done. Could be something to look into.

Could be annoption for you if you know any agents
                      www.artpal.com/philbrick

Comment

When I was in high school I worked in a photo studio, before the age of digital editing, post editing came way of air brush. So even to this day i don't do any digital post production of my work. Just never got into it... You did a great job with that RSX photo, looks amazing. But to me it's kinda like the fake tits vs real tits debate.

Currently do the occasional side job for a real-estate agent. Charge like 100$ per house, for just a disc of the 2 or 3 best raw images of each room and exterior. $120 if they want virtual tour done. Could be something to look into.

Could be annoption for you if you know any agents
                        Really great idea with the real estate thing, never really thought of that. What would I have to do to get my foot in the door? (no pun intended) hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by TCroooks View Post
                          Really great idea with the real estate thing, never really thought of that. What would I have to do to get my foot in the door? (no pun intended) hahaha
                          Sorry for the lateness...

The busier agents, tend to contract out their photographs... A good friend is an assistant to a big agent. I've managed to shoot 2 to 5 houses a month for the past three months. The wide angle lens was like $450 used for my canon. So its a bit of investment. But it has paid for itself twice in a quarter-year. Now I can use it for my hobby of shooting cars.

So I would say talk to your friends and get on your social media. If anyone is in real-estate ask them if they shoot their own listings, how much they pay if they don't, what do they get in return, check out what the competitions shots look like, and then pitch them on hiring you for one listing to try you out.

It's a good side job, pretty flexible to ones schedule to. Forsure should be an option for any aspiring photographer.

Me personally already have a different career, but the house shooting pays for some of my skyline insurance and camera gear of my hobby. lol.

Good luck with your pursuits, there was a guy on JDMR recently that did a shoot for Honda Tech magazine.
                          www.artpal.com/philbrick

Comment

Sorry for the lateness...

The busier agents, tend to contract out their photographs... A good friend is an assistant to a big agent. I've managed to shoot 2 to 5 houses a month for the past three months. The wide angle lens was like $450 used for my canon. So its a bit of investment. But it has paid for itself twice in a quarter-year. Now I can use it for my hobby of shooting cars.

So I would say talk to your friends and get on your social media. If anyone is in real-estate ask them if they shoot their own listings, how much they pay if they don't, what do they get in return, check out what the competitions shots look like, and then pitch them on hiring you for one listing to try you out.

It's a good side job, pretty flexible to ones schedule to. Forsure should be an option for any aspiring photographer.

Me personally already have a different career, but the house shooting pays for some of my skyline insurance and camera gear of my hobby. lol.

Good luck with your pursuits, there was a guy on JDMR recently that did a shoot for Honda Tech magazine.
                            Thanks a lot! going to look into it. Currently I work full time during the week and am trying to make some money on the side doing phtoshoots and video features for my page Dumped Daily. I'm going to upload some pics I took at 2 shoots I did in new york this past weekend.

Comment

Lemme know what you guys think!

Comment

Working...
                              X