This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you dah-hunter.

A few more things... I have got my exporter to surrender my Bill of Lading so I've been told that the car should be cleared for pick-up by the time I get there.

If I make an appointment with customs for early Tuesday and get my soil release form sent on Monday, do you still think it won't work timing-wise?

I can stay in Vancouver into Wednesday if need-be. Thanks again.
    \

Comment

That would work..

Soil Monday.. Customs early Tuesday.. and pickup wednesday mid day..

should be fine..

PM me if you need any help.. as im always around, and go to the dock frequently.. and mabe could give you a ride if you need one.

Bring a booster back with you and jumper cables..
      Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Phew, I'm banking on that schedule to work for me, got to be back at work for Thursday!

Thanks for the offer, I'll send you a PM later. I'll be flying into Vancouver and it looks like I'll be trying to take advantage of Vancouver public transportation.

On a side note - Do you have much experience with Bill @ Annacis?

On another side note....

Lets hope nobodies car was included in the carnage, and of course my thoughts go out to everyone in Japan!
        \

Comment

Sorry anyone know if Fraser Wharves automatically sends your car for soil test or do you have to request it?

I called CBSA/CFIA and the guy I spoke to has no idea.. He forwarded me to National Import Centre but I was forwarded back to CBSA LOLz
          Last edited by flipridah17; 07-25-2011, 07:05 PM.

Comment

I am going to try importing later this year. Hopefully everything goes well and I don't miss any steps. Shouldn't be too bad but I imagine it's not a walk in the park either
            Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Oh and I meant to ask, is there any other dock besides bc? This seems like a long way to go to pick up more than one car.
              Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by flipridah17 View Post
                Sorry anyone know if Fraser Wharves automatically sends your car for soil test or do you have to request it?

I called CBSA/CFIA and the guy I spoke to has no idea.. He forwarded me to National Import Centre but I was forwarded back to CBSA LOLz
                So the demeter leader did go to fraser wharves?
                I havent received notice or f-all from wwl yet....

also I do not know the answer to your Q

Comment

Are you expecting a car too? From what Debbie told me its ETA is either today or tomorrow at Fraser Wharves..

Looks like it arrived today at 6pm PST

Originally posted by plankworx View Post
                  So the demeter leader did go to fraser wharves?
                  I havent received notice or f-all from wwl yet....

also I do not know the answer to your Q
                  Last edited by flipridah17; 07-25-2011, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Critical question:

Does Fraser wharves require 24hours wait after customs clearance like WWL does?

I'm really hoping they don't...

Comment

With the Back log of 3 Boats worth of cars there right now... nothing is happening fast.. if you go there early in the morning you might be ok..

Comment

do you just go there and pick it up? No one had called me yet

Comment

Ya i wouldnt expect a call..

but they only allow pickup from 7:30 am till 11:30 am..

just pop by..

Comment

Thanks!! Great Info! Does anyone of pics of the JDM Vin tag and the in CA vin tag? I'd like to see the difference. Also is it a completely different number?

Comment

Sorry to bump this thread, but it's a long weekend and I can't call to confirm.

The customs broker emailed me yesterday and told me my car will be ready for pickup on Wednesday. Does this mean everything is good to go, and I simply show up on Wednesday and drive away? He has my credit card info and he emailed me an invoice with a whole list of charges.

Also, this is through WWL, so can anyone tell me the times they are open or should I just call tomorrow and ask? Need to start booking my flight ASAP.

Thanks!

Comment

So just a follow up to my above post. The process went very smoothly, showed up at the dock, drove around to the WWL office, drove back to the area my car was being held, boosted the car with another vehicle, and drove out. Very simple, but I had all the customers work done through a broker, which is turn was done via JDM Connection, so I never did any paperwork or anything.

They had a bunch of brand new Scion FR-S just coming off the boat, as well as some Nissan LEAFs and those little Mitsubishi electric cars. Very cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X