No announcement yet.

Manitoba Skyline Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its exactly that. When I was getting my car on the dyno at Drag Mart I asked the guy why he was so reluctant to do an import. He said that most people doing up their imports don't know what kind of money it takes to get tuned and then in turn don't have the money to pay for it so they have a car sitting on the lot they can do nothing with except take up space and also they aren't getting paid. It's a lose-lose situation for a tuning shop in a scenario like that. You just have to make it known that you know how much it costs and that you will have the money to pay for it. Drag Mart only has a two wheel dyno though, but if I'm not mistaken, you gtr owners can just pull the fuse and go into rwd right? So that would work for tuning for you guys right? Also, cash will always get you a better price on your tuning than paying with visa or anything

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony-R32 View Post
      When people from manitoba say the "daniel stern report means nothing here" it's because VIU says "we don't care, this is manitoba".
      Afaik no one has put the Stern Report on MPI's desk or presented it in the courts. I've mentioned it a few times that the HTA states that a vehicle must have lights that meet or exceed SAE or DOT (Stern Report confirms requirements) and nowhere does it say they must be...

Word of mouth won't work, the actual hard copy of the report must be given to MPI. If it was a little lighter on the pocket book I'd order it, but $550 usd is a bit much and why should I spend that myself and have the other ten Skyline owners ride my coat tails?
      Originally posted by Snow
      Sure a condom holds water but you don't see me drinking from one.

Comment

• Honestly, we should ALL pitch in to grab that hard copy so each one of us has a copy of it for like a tenth of the regular price or less. And then we could roll around with our oem lights and ****

Comment

• I tried to get that going before and no biters... I'm all for it tho. Gotta see about getting everyone together on a weekend for coffee and work something out.

Comment

• heres the thing tho. your going about it in the wrong place. ya us skyline owners could pitch in but remember there are lots of jdm vehicles in the city that would benefit from it. just trying to get the guys on gtrc to pitch in wont do it. if the word spreads then more will bite. try starting a thread on winnipegheights.
            Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

• I never thought of mentioning it there, I just said it here first because this is the first I've heard of it.

Comment

• Not a member on heights and what has stopped anyone else who might be a member there from passing it on?

Not to offend you or anyone else, since I'm guilty of doing it myself, but I guess it's easier too bitch, whine, and wait for somebody else to do things, than take initiative.

I put the idea out and I'm glad BongRips is in support, but I shouldn't have to be the only one putting the effort in. Other members here have more history on heights and personal contacts outside the forums than I do (basically none), which would get better results than a post from an F-ing newb (which would be me) for sure...Fair enough?

Comment

• pm me some links and info and i will post it on heights
                  Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

• Originally posted by Nismo_line View Post
                    its a pretty beat car. back suspension if super springy. back corner by the gas cap is hit in from hitting a pole. then hammered back out. all the dot **** and what not. he was selling it before anyways. its just his daily since hes got crazy fd
                    When I got it, around the time VIU just started getting serious, I didnt care because I wouldnt see the VIU in winter so I wouldnt have to worry about them. When I tried selling it I knew VIU was gonna be cracking down, alot of my friends cars were getting hit so I thought I would just sell it before I got tagged. Decided to keep it and now Im in the position where I have to part it.

Last week I got pulled over 3 times. Also got followed by a cruiser for 15 min till I lost him. Im sick of being targeted. Sick of getting ticketed. VIU isnt going to stop, so I probably wont ever own a RHD again if Im living in manitoba. They have the mentality that every RHD vehicle is illegal, and im sick of it. I could rig up some accord or princess auto d.o.t **** but they will always find something to get you with, at this point its just not worth it for me.

Every time I see a cruiser when Im driving the temporary vehicle I still do the "ah for ****'s sake im gonna get pulled over" look then I realize im not driving the skyline

This is what it needs to pass inspection:

CVMSS Seat belts
                    D.O.T Headlights and Tailights (apparently my stock tails are tinted too)
                    Front and rear reflectors on fenders
                    Gas Door and Cap opens so there is no issue with the damage
                    No washer fluid (it was sloppy weather and I used it all gaaah)
                    1 new wheel lug on both rear hubs
                    Stock exhaust (had the HKS can on it)
                    Exhaust Manifold Leak
                    Stickers removed from windows

The body looks beat, but mechanically she's solid. I also went to Tein H/A's all around to get rid of the shitty oem shocks that were springy like a mother ******.

Originally posted by Tony-R32 View Post
                    Yeah, one glance at that thing and it would have failed. had a mad exhaust leak too, sounded like a tractor from the front of the car lol.
                    Looked way different when I got pulled over then the last time you saw it. All stock body (no sideskirts, wing or spats), had the gtr style bumper I bought from travis on it painted white and it looked good. Stock ride height, nice stock rx7 rims all around, good winter tires, and relatively stock ride height. All they saw was rhd and the stickers.

I fixed my exhaust manifold leak last night, turns out my cometic gasket failed big time.
                    Last edited by Impul; 12-03-2011, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• I don't know what you guys do or did, but in the 6 years of driving RHDs in summer daily, we have never been pulled over or hassled.

Comment

• Originally posted by BinDeal View Post
                        I don't know what you guys do or did, but in the 6 years of driving RHDs in summer daily, we have never been pulled over or hassled.
                        I'd like to know too lol.

not including my vehicle inspection on portage avenue, I was pulled over minimum 12 times this summer. in various places around the city.
                        Originally posted by Paradis
                        ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

• Really? Holy **** that's a lot! This was my first summer of owning a Skyline and I only got pulled over once for burnt out brake lights which was just a blown fuse and I didn't even get a ticket for them because I was coming from Canadian Tire with a pack a fuses.

Comment

• The thing is, they see a rhd, and they know there is some fine they can give them.

When I got pulled over the third time, they were sitting on a side street, watching to see if people were rolling through stop signs. I made a complete stop, and then proceeded through the intersection. They were sitting on the street I was going across, saw my car (which looked like a stock skyline) and immediately went to follow me. After a block of me waiting for them to act, they flicked on there lights and pulled me over.

Point being:

1. See rhd car
                            2. Follow immediately
                            3. Look for any excuse to pull over
                            Last edited by Impul; 12-05-2011, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Impul View Post
                              The thing is, they see a rhd, and they know there is some fine they can give them.

When I got pulled over the third time, they were sitting on a side street, watching to see if people were rolling through stop signs. I made a complete stop, and then proceeded through the intersection. They were sitting on the street I was going across, saw my car (which looked like a stock skyline) and immediately went to follow me. After a block of me waiting for them to act, they flicked on there lights and pulled me over.

Point being:

1. See rhd car
                              2. Follow immediately
                              3. Look for any excuse to pull over
                              See them all the time, pass them all the time, etc...

Point Being:
                              1. See RHD car.
                              2. No hassle.
                              3. No pull over.

Conclusion: You've put a target on your head, or you're to fast to furious for them.

Comment

• If by target you mean being young, than yes.

I don't think getting pulled over consecutive Saturdays on the way to work at 9 am driving the speed limit on henderson is me making myself a target...that's profiling.
                                Originally posted by Paradis
                                ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

Working...
                                X