Out of province inspection Alberta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of province inspection Alberta

My car needs an out of province inspection for insurance and registration. This time, things are different so I have to add parts. Long story. Anyways, I'd like to get the inspection done THIS Friday or better yet, saturday in Calgary or Edmonton Area. Please help me out guys.
    No build thread.
    1991 nissan
    El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Any feedback at all would be great. Thanks.
    No build thread.
    1991 nissan
    El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

I went to Kuks shop...
      he's just out of calgary... Good guy

http://www.kuksshop.com/
      93 GTR - Sold
      92 4 Door - Sold
      90 GTS-T - Winter Beater
      2010 Toyota Venza, Mommy Mobile

Comment

I know this is about OOP.
        Regarding Kuk's...
        Kuk charged me ahead of time for a tie-rod & brake job because I didn't have the parts at the time.
        When I got my parts and called him a month or so later he was either not available or did not return my calls.
        When I did get through to him, he took my number down and never got back to me.
        He is not to be trusted, at first I thought he was a decent guy with his country/family style of business.

Kuk if you are reading this I want my money back.

After much trial and error, I went to OK Tire on 17th and he was honest.

Comment

Originally posted by SHYUMIDESUGA View Post
          I know this is about OOP.
          Regarding Kuk's...
          Kuk charged me ahead of time for a tie-rod & brake job because I didn't have the parts at the time.
          When I got my parts and called him a month or so later he was either not available or did not return my calls.
          When I did get through to him, he took my number down and never got back to me.
          He is not to be trusted, at first I thought he was a decent guy with his country/family style of business.

Kuk if you are reading this I want my money back.

After much trial and error, I went to OK Tire on 17th and he was honest.

That's really odd... but if you dont mind me askin... why pay ahead of time for a service that hasnt been done
          but that's really odd He'd do something like that...
          93 GTR - Sold
          92 4 Door - Sold
          90 GTS-T - Winter Beater
          2010 Toyota Venza, Mommy Mobile

Comment

2nd that for not trusting Kuks.

Without getting into it there was some major theft problems with him

Our facility has been approved to do OPI inspections and I will start doing them as soon as they send me the paperwork. In the next week or so we should be good to go.

-Ryan
            Discover unparalleled auto services at our top-rated performance mechanic shop. From routine maintenance to performance parts and custom tuning, we offer comprehensive solutions to enhance your vehicle's performance. Trust our experts for quality service and the best in performance upgrades.

-Ryan
            ryan@VEXperformance.com
            Toll Free: 1.855.VEX.PERF Local: 403.243.1111

Authorized Canadian Dealer / Distributor / Tuner for:
            Haltech Engine management Systems
            OS Giken
            TiAL Sport
            Garrett Turbochargers
            Tomei
            Motul
            Nismo
            Rally Armor
            COBB

Comment

Originally posted by nat View Post

That's really odd... but if you dont mind me askin... why pay ahead of time for a service that hasnt been done
              but that's really odd He'd do something like that...
              Do you know him personally?
              If you do you should ask him.

I will say that I was getting OOP done there and he charged for it automatically.

Comment

Hey SHYUMIDESUGA..

Is that your GTR after it passed OOP?? I see you dont have any rear side marker lights or a 3rd brake light from what I can see. Your very lucky, cause when I got mine done in March 2007 I had to put 3rd brake light, side rear markers, day time running lights, & parts that needed to be replaced before that would even think of passing it .
                ........Nothing but Good Times........

Comment

I have day time running lights.
                  Other than a misfire + worn brakes my car was perfectly fine.

So they made you put two more lights on your car?
                  Rear side lights?, they put holes in your car?
                  3d light?? like a bar along the back?, BTW I have a little one at the bottom.

Sorry, but if it is anything like I imagined that's ugly.
                  I wouldn't let them, you should argue it comprises the structural integrity of your car (and it does).

I didn't have a problem getting passed OOP, I picked mine out before bringing it here after all.

Comment

I have day time running lights.
                    Other than a misfire + worn brakes my car was perfectly fine.

So they made you put two more lights on your car?
                    Rear side lights?, they put holes in your car?
                    3d light?? like a bar along the back?, BTW I have a little one at the bottom.

Sorry, but if it is anything like I imagined that's ugly.
                    I wouldn't let them, you should argue it comprises the structural integrity of your car (and it does).

I didn't have a problem getting passed OOP, I picked mine out before bringing it here after all.
                    Yeah it sucks having this stuff on the car, but if it saves me being stopped by the police then thats ok with me . The only complaint that I have is the inconsistancy of the OOP shops where they make some people do these changes and others dont .

Here is a pic of what I had to do to the back end to pass OOP, I dont think it looks too bad. The side marker lights are going to be flush mounted next winter.

Comment

That doesn't look bad at all.
                      Hopefully it didn't cost you too much though.
                      The rear sides blink when you signal then?
                      The OOP is quite straight forward, but i guess anything above that is discretionary.
                      While searching for a inspection facility, I had many places try to the push the American vehicle inspection on me.
                      Most inspection facilities don't care about road safety, it about the money.
                      Inconsistency is why there are crap cars on the road, and others pay the premium.

Comment

That doesn't look bad at all.
                        Hopefully it didn't cost you too much though.
                        The rear sides blink when you signal then?
                        The OOP is quite straight forward, but i guess anything above that is discretionary.
                        While searching for a inspection facility, I had many places try to the push the American vehicle inspection on me.
                        Most inspection facilities don't care about road safety, it about the money.
                        Inconsistency is why there are crap cars on the road, and others pay the premium.
                        Yeah it doesnt look too gay, yep they work as my rear blinker/marker lights. The place I went to was recommended to me by people on here who had gotten OOP inspections done there too. I think that they may have may have been cracked down on by the goverment, cause I was told they use to be way more flexiable with their OOP inspections. Remember this was early 2007. As for inspection cost they were very reasonable, with the labour and parts the car needed over an above the OOP stuff it came in around $300. That seemed pretty fair to me :-D.

Comment

Originally posted by RWDragoon View Post
                          2nd that for not trusting Kuks.

Without getting into it there was some major theft problems with him

Our facility has been approved to do OPI inspections and I will start doing them as soon as they send me the paperwork. In the next week or so we should be good to go.

-Ryan
                          Discover unparalleled auto services at our top-rated performance mechanic shop. From routine maintenance to performance parts and custom tuning, we offer comprehensive solutions to enhance your vehicle's performance. Trust our experts for quality service and the best in performance upgrades.

Yes, I'm bumping an old thread. Came across this thread when I was looking for a place to get a OOP today on my bone stock HR33. Just a heads up Vex will not do any Skyline OOPs anymore, this was what Ryan himself told me on the phone. He told me they all fail OOP, and told me to bring it to a shop that does not know them well. I understand this is probably a liability thing and see why some shops turn down JDMs, but being VEX is a GTRCanada sponsor, I would not have expected this.

Comment

Working...
                          X