Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula D Monroe Photos

Formula D Rd.5 Monroe, Washington, Evergreen Speedway Aug. 7-8

Here are some of the more interesting pics I took this year at FD. The event wasn't as exciting for me as it was last year, many of the JDM cars were replaced with domestic ones. Last year there was the Signal BNR34 and a blue BNR34. I don't think they were present this year, and I'm pretty sure the blue BNR34 was replaced with a G35 in the same colour.

There was a blue BNR32 parked outside under the NWN tent. I was surprised to see US plates on it. Inside there as a very clean white BNR32 with a pedobear sticker.
    Another thing I noticed - most of the cars there had FI, but most were supercharged. The whole event was very Americanized. After a while, I got pretty sick of the abundant V8 swaps, Mustangs, Solstices, etc.

We ended up leaving at 5:30 because it became boring. Last year was better.

This Audi R8 was parked outside by a Porsche 911 vert.

A nice STI parked outside. Had Ken Block's autograph on a panel in the engine bay.

A black CBAR35. Had A/M wheels. First time I ever got to examine the engine bay in person. It looked very bland and average.

Rhys Millen's RMR Hyundai Genesis Coupe. I got the opportunity to get his autograph. Also sat in a few production Genesis Coupes, one of the 3.8 and 2.0T model.

Chris Forsberg's 350Z.

Joon Maeng's S-chassis. He got knocked out early. He was quite friendly and spent more time talking with people than practicing.

The USAF's "Vapor" Challenger. They also have a similar Mustang demo car which wasn't present. Both are built by Galpin Auto Sport.

Typical VIP.

Looks to be an RB26 from an R34 under the hood of a very clean S13.

Here's my friend giving an SRT-4 with an Autobot logo the thumbs down.

As usual, there was a number of interesting cars in the parking lot as well, lots of Evos and STIs.
    03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

The blue BNR34 was takatori's car, it was replaced by the VQ35DES s13.5. I dunno why. I'd take an r34 gtr over a 240sx anyday, I guess he wanted a change.

I thought it was a pretty good event, but there were a lot of V8 swaps. Of the 32 pro cars, I counted 9 with engine swaps, and the majority of the swaps were V8s
    Looking for cheap parts? supguyex (Jon) is parting out his car. Good prices, good guy.

Comment

WTF ?

Comment

Originally posted by A18 View Post
        The blue BNR34 was takatori's car, it was replaced by the VQ35DES s13.5. I dunno why. I'd take an r34 gtr over a 240sx anyday, I guess he wanted a change.

I thought it was a pretty good event, but there were a lot of V8 swaps. Of the 32 pro cars, I counted 9 with engine swaps, and the majority of the swaps were V8s

Tons of V8s. Tons of superchargers. And according to my friend, tons of ladyboys too. Models were better last year, at least in his opinion.

I was pretty "" with all the Scions. Toyota has a huge presence in FD. As usual, there was the huge Scion section. And at least a couple RWD converted TC's, IIRC. Last year Gushi ran one as well, I think he switched to the S-chassis this year. Foust switched to the TC this year, V8 swap of course, thing was beastly though.

And Gittin put on a hell of a show this year, yeah? As far as I could see anyway, after all, I left at 5:30.

@ JD74: It's one of two USAF demo cars. It's all skin deep though. Has a full HUD and other fun things inspired by planes.

Comment

I thought this was pretty cool http://speedhunters.com/ my car, my friends mk3 supra, and my other friends toyota levin got to be on speedhunters.
          Looking for cheap parts? supguyex (Jon) is parting out his car. Good prices, good guy.

Comment

a18, awesome. thank for posting that link ive been waiting for more photos.
            Automotive photos from around the Pacific North West.
            www. BigBoyMedia.net

Comment

I think scouring the parking lot is almost as fun as being inside. I've seen that A31 everywhere, thought it was in better shape though.

Comment

I kind of like the wide body TC rwd. Looks like fun.
                We go in depth with Tanner Foust's 2009 Scion tC Drift Car! Formula Drift 2009 Long Beach. Go to http://gtchannel.com for more videos and auto content.-~-~~...

Vaughn Gittin Jr. Mustang
                Go to http://gtchannel.com for more car videos and content. GTChannel's Taro Koki interviews VAUGHN GITTIN JR as he introduces the FALKEN 2010 FORD MUSTANG D...

and just because were talking about swaps. This is my favorite.
                GT Autosound's killer chev powered skyline kicks ass at Gazzanationals 2007
                http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/39993-infinity-skyline-r32-gts.html

Comment

Originally posted by QuietChaos View Post
                  I think scouring the parking lot is almost as fun as being inside. I've seen that A31 everywhere, thought it was in better shape though.
                  The A31 was in better condition last year, I was trying to buy it in October but the current owner bought it a few days after I test drove it.

Comment

IIRC, his name is Neal, right? Saw the car at CBD16 ( I think it was 16..) and he had some very nice runs. Very cool car, I think I might have seen a straight pipe on it?

Comment

yeah, neal anderson I think.

Comment

Full Gallery http://www.gaelennorman.ca/images/gallery/FD/FD-RD5-09/

Comment

Wish I had a decent camera and a media pass.

Comment

Originally posted by QuietChaos View Post
                            Wish I had a decent camera and a media pass.
                            Well if you get a camera feel free to come out to an event and I'll give you some pointers

On That note I will be selling my old setup soon if you're interested.

Comment

I have a terrible, old, point-and-shoot used to take those mediocre photos in the first post. Haha, a decent camera would be nice, but I don't want to spend over 400 as I have other priorities.

Comment

Working...
                              X