The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

Comment

Less Skylines on the road?
        03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

makes em more unique

Comment

Anyone else noticed it?
            -= ECU UPGRADES =- -= LOCKOUT BARS =- -= AERO =- -= SEATS =- -= ACCESSORIES =-

-= PM ME FOR INFO =-

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Scheuer View Post
              Got_boost

What are you saying good to? Lol
              I was talking about seeing less Skylines on the road. But I was kidding. Mostly. I've just been patiently waiting for the whole Skyline "trend" to pass us by so we can have fewer F&F kids ripping around in Liners and more real enthusiasts.
              The last time I saw a GTR in Calgary, some knob was driving around like a complete tool. I pulled up beside him at a light and asked how long he'd had the car for. He flipped me the bird (I was in my skyline at the time to, which really made me wonder) then dropped the clutch at the light and stalled it.
              I just can`t wait till there`s less of ``them`` out there.
              -Josh

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
              1990 Skyline GTS-R

Comment

wow... some people amaze me...
                Currently rollin' in a 1997 Nissan 240sx こうき

The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

Comment

I believe things should only get better, we still have old school cops from the era of muscle cars that are closed minded about the shift to jdm vehicles. As the police force slowly shifts into a new generation of officers that may have grown up around these cars or had freinds that have had or still do have a rhd vehicle they will be more understanding of where we are coming from and in turn hopefully respect that fact that we're out to cause no harm and its just another car on the road. By no means am i saying this will be a fast shift but this is what i forsee happening.

Case in point I went to high school with 2 freinds that both enjoyed my car, respected what it is, and were intriguted about driving on the right side and i explained the situatuion and took them for a ride to prove its not as dangerous as someone could make it out to be. Now both of them are well on their way to being full fledged officers, and this is the kind of people im hoping become cops. These friends of mine are educated and have a reasonable view for rhd vehicles, they havent passed judgment without knowing all the facts as many of the cops you mentioned in the above artical have.

thats my 2 cents, maybe im asking too much thouhg
                  Jesse
                  1990 HCR32
                  2006 Chev Silverado

Comment

In sask if you get a VI what happens if you don't do it is that you will not be able to renew your plates when they come due. I have had the pleasure of dealing with the uneducated SGI inspectors before, fortunately it was not related to my skyline. I had an older chevy truck I used to work on and it had flowmaster mufflers, when I got pulled into a spot check the SGI guy told me that I had glasspack mufflers and they were worn out...well considering flowmasters are baffled and have no fiberglass packing in them thats kind of hard to have happen, and that they have sounded the same since the day I had then installed, I tried to explain this to the officer and although she seemed to take me seriously I still was given a ticket to do the repairs they instructed. Whats worse is that it wasn't for a sound violation I was blatently told that my mufflers were worn out...
                    In hind site I wish that I had gotten the officers and SGI inspectors info and made formal complaints with SGI/police.
                    I've looked up numerous regulations and I find that these inspectors and the police are extremely ignorant regarding what they are trying to enforce. The story from the OP about the cruise night in stoon are just to perfect of an example.

Comment

luckily i havent had any issues with the whole rhd thing. I do find that the cops in saskatoon are dicks though. When i had my FD 5 years ago i got a ticket for not having numbers on my shifter which is plain retarded. I even got in an argument with a cop because he didnt believe me that my car was a 94 and though i was trying to get cheap insurance by lying. Seriously it makes you wonder sometimes.

Comment

I have not really had any bad response from cops in alberta personally. I have even got comments like "just wanted to say, i love your car" while the cop finished up with me. Most of the time the cop is just curious. Had a cop follow me into my driveway. i was slightly worried i did something wrong, but no he just asked me if i had a couple spare minutes for him to check out my car. He asked me some general questions like, "whats it like to drive" and "how much hp do they have stock" etc. he then told me thanks and have a great day.. i got pulled over for speeding right off the highway in the town i live in and the cop let me go without seeing my reg or insurance papers because my cars interior was completely gutted at the time and i didnt think to put that info back in my car for the 30 minute rip i was going for on a nice winter day. he just ended up asking me questions about how i liked it etc.. Only one time did a peace officer give me trouble when i didnt put my sticker on yet and he was rather srarky at me. He told me that "all the RHDs in town were up to no good". i was legit so he had to find something wrong with my car. he then gave me a unsecurely mounted licence plate, because i had 2 1/4" zip ties holding my plate on. He even told me im supposed to drill holes in the plate so the bolt holes line up. I told that to the crown procecutor and he laughed and told me to throw the ticket in the garbage. There is always one bad one in the bunch..

Kyle
                        Originally posted by funkymonkey
                        You guys need to set up an RSPCS (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Skylines) and take a baseball bat to the heads of owners that bring disrespect to the heritage by being metrosexual knob jockeys behind the steering wheel.

Comment

What upsets me is how the Gov't is using a lot of rhd vehicles now (mostly for parking enforcement) and NONE of them would pass a VI. And In Saskatoon there are even a couple BRAND NEW rhd subarus being used by the city. But even though there are A LOT of uninformed cops around there are good ones too! I was pulled over in a friends GTR with no side markers, running a permit and the cop was really good and even asked about importing his own rhd vehilce. Then later that night the owner was pulled over again but this time the cop had just returned from a holiday in Japan and said he wants his own skyline.
                          Just a side note... I have been hearing rumours around sgi that they want to ban rhd vehicles here (not an easy process though) and it got me thinking... Would other rhd owners be willing to do a written and driven test (similar to what is required to get a 1A) to allow them to operate a rhd vehicle? This could also include not allowing people with probationary liscences to operate them. I have already been in talks with the head of vehicle standards and the head of examiner testing in regards to this. It is a far better option than an outright ban imo.

Comment

i would take any test required to maintain my right to drive a superior car from japan. If someday the USDM has some cars that are good enough to be worth buying then i wouldnt need to buy from out of country. thats what they should be trying to fix here.

Kyle
                            Originally posted by funkymonkey
                            You guys need to set up an RSPCS (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Skylines) and take a baseball bat to the heads of owners that bring disrespect to the heritage by being metrosexual knob jockeys behind the steering wheel.

Comment

Working...
                            X