Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Woes -- You have em? Lets hear em!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trace
    replied
    Originally posted by Eber View Post
    I had a bad dream lst night that my GTR was vandalized and low and behold I came down to the underground and someone stole it and replaced it with an automatic non-turbo GTST........AARRRGGGHHHHHH!
    Oh Eber... don't hate on my car =p

Leave a comment:

• Trace
    replied
    Originally posted by supguyex View Post
    you never came even when we had meets i invited you to them but you never came :'(
    Yeah I'm sorry. -_-;; Again there's been a lot of stuff that's happened in the last few years with personal and professional matters...

Suffice to say I'm back now for the most part. Winter has never been my forte with meets so if any happen I apologize for not showing up.

The last meet I participated in was a meet I put together back in 2007 when we had that nice little togue run up the side of the mountain =p

Unfortunately, the horseflies were only too happy to accommodate at the top of the hill...

Leave a comment:

• Eber
    replied
    I had a bad dream lst night that my GTR was vandalized and low and behold I came down to the underground and someone stole it and replaced it with an automatic non-turbo GTST........AARRRGGGHHHHHH!

Leave a comment:

• dah_hunter
    replied
    He came to a couple meets long long time ago.. Back summer of 2006 i think it was..

Leave a comment:

• supguyex
    replied
    Originally posted by Trace View Post
    Thanks! Yeah I've been really busy... work gets me down ya know...

but I'm baaaack!

Once the weather clears up I'll be down for a meet or three!
    you never came even when we had meets i invited you to them but you never came :'(

Leave a comment:

• dah_hunter
    replied
    My Tires are bald and cracked.. 0 traction..

Could difting around every turn without even trying..

Leave a comment:

• Trace
    replied
    Originally posted by dah_hunter
    you havent been on here in forever.. Welcome back..

:-)
    Thanks! Yeah I've been really busy... work gets me down ya know...

but I'm baaaack!

Once the weather clears up I'll be down for a meet or three!

Leave a comment:

• supguyex
    replied
    fml... bald summer tires.. not too sure if it's a wise decision.
    ran into a gti-r walking to work today. i'm thinking bout one of those, or a nice beat up evo 2 yeahhh!!

Leave a comment:

• super_joel7
    replied
    My winter woe is for some reason, my key is sticky in the lock on my door and since its been cold, it doesnt want to turn properly.

Leave a comment:

• MikeRWK
    replied
    My winter woe is that my skylines still on the road and they're fuckin saltin the roads, gtn my winter car in for inspection tm though

Leave a comment:

• judasentinel
    replied
    Winter woes? Hah!! I LIVE for winter, snow and cold. I HATE summer and the sun. It literally depresses me, and when it is cloudy with no sun showing, I get energized. So perhaps I am the wrong person to even post anything here. Are there any others who actually prefer the cold weather of winter over summer just for the sake of actually liking coldness and detesting heat (and not for the reasons of skiing, snowboarding, etc.)? Or am I the only one ?

I parked my now-sold GTS-T on the side of the road for two winters with NO ill effects whatsoever. Its not the snow that is dangerous. Its the salt. And once you have an ICE boundary/fence created around your car on the roadside, you're pretty much safe from most salt. Just make sure to disconnect the battery.

Leave a comment:

• dah_hunter
    replied
    you havent been on here in forever.. Welcome back..

:-)

Leave a comment:

• Trace
    started a topic Winter Woes -- You have em? Lets hear em!

Winter Woes -- You have em? Lets hear em!

So I guess I'll start....

This morning before going to work I realized my engine is louder than normal. Sounds like a bloody F350 Pickup.

About 10 minutes or so of driving it the sound begins to fade... my panic diminished. I get really paranoid when my car is making all sorts of new noises... it starts up with no play and it's very strong. Just... sounds really bloody loud...

Another thing is I tend not to drive as much due to the fact that there's a lot of people on the road who drive like panic stricken maniacs the second a snowflake even hits their windshield. Last year was pretty bad trying to get to my girlfriends place... she lives on McKinnon off Kingsway and it's a sloped hill. Vancouver doesn't plow their roads I find and what's worse -- cars are parked both sides.

All I have to say is thank god for the new Skytrain line... though I think we're moving soon so I have to add a bus in the equation.

By the way --- can someone answer me this: How safe is it to park our Skylines out in the open in the snow? I plan on tarping my car and my potential new place doesn't have a carport...
Working...
X