Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assistance in the Calgary area

Hey guys,

I'm still kinda new and inexperienced to this whole car thing let alone Skylines, but it is something that I feel like I should be learning a lot about while I still have time. I'm wondering if I'd be able to make buddies with anyone in the Calgary area who'd be willing to show me around my car.

I should take a look at a few minor issues on my car and I don't have time/space/money/experience to do it by myself, but I'm really quite eager and willing to learn.

So, give me a shout if you don't mind having somebody ask you seemingly dumb questions. All I really want is to see her get to a point where I can be super happy.

Cheers

What do you need to know? Skylines are easy cars to understand, after you break a few things and are forced to do the work. Let me know.

Comment

I took the same approach when i got mine. Knew very little about performance vehicles and automobile mechanics in general. Couple of guys were super nice (still are) and walked me through a lot of learning curves.

If you're willing to trek north an hour, there's a few here in red deer. come to LS on a friday night.
      1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

Oh, just things here and there. What to take apart, how to take them apart and what I should do to keep her running like a champ.

Paradis, definitely don't mind taking a trip to meet a few guys, my girlfriend lives up in Innisfail now so I'll probably be up in that area fairly often now.

Comment

cool, PM me your number and i'll text ya. it's usually not concrete planned thing, but I'll try to give you forwarning when i know some ppl are going to be hanging out, there'll be dozens of opportunities so don't feel pressured to drop what you're doing and leave for RD
          1991 HCR32

*edit 1991 SR32

Comment

I'm on time off at home in Calgary with the head torn off my car of you feel like having a look inside the engine or whatnot. Shoot me a pm if you want
            -Josh

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
            1990 Skyline GTS-R

Comment

Come on out to one of the meets, you'll probably learn a lot there and make some new friends! By the way - I like the Avatar..

Comment

I can give you some advice about things I've already tried myself, but that's about it

I go to Rollie for everything else....plus it's a lot easier working on the Skyline on his lift.
                BlackAura (Kevin)
                1995 ZX600C8 Kawasaki Ninja 600R - FOR SALE - See Marketplace
                2003 Wrangler Jeep TJ Rubicon
                1991 BNR32 Nissan Skyline GT-R - Sold

Comment

Best just to go to a meet in town, they have them quite often.
                  2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
                  2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
                  2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
                  1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by BlackAura View Post
                    I can give you some advice about things I've already tried myself, but that's about it

I go to Rollie for everything else....plus it's a lot easier working on the Skyline on his lift.
                    Agreed haha, if you need help im available during the week mostly. Kevin and I will be doing his swaybars this upcoming week with new endlinks front and back
                    98 Aristo - V300 Vertex
                    93 Skyline GTR - SOLD
                    92 4dr Skyline GTS-T - SOLD
                    92 Skyline GTS-T - SOLD
                    90 Skyline GTS-T - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Rollie View Post
                      Agreed haha, if you need help im available during the week mostly. Kevin and I will be doing his swaybars this upcoming week with new endlinks front and back
                      Give me a call if you are on for next weekened. I still gotta peel that mirror off and check out the under carrage :P
                      2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
                      2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
                      2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
                      1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DougTaylor View Post
                        Come on out to one of the meets, you'll probably learn a lot there and make some new friends! By the way - I like the Avatar..
                        Thanks! I put it on a T-shirt a few years ago, still wear it all the time.

As for the meets, I've been to one already. I'll try to make it to as many as I can, tonight excluded.

I might have to do that! Pretty sure I'd learn quite a bit if you don't mind me hanging around.

Originally posted by got_boost! View Post
                        I'm on time off at home in Calgary with the head torn off my car of you feel like having a look inside the engine or whatnot. Shoot me a pm if you want
                        I might have to do that! Bet I could learn a lot if you don't mind me hanging around.

Originally posted by Rollie View Post
                        Great stuff, my schedule is almost wide open so I might be shooting you a few pms for stuff here and there over the summer.

Really appreciate it guys!

Comment

Working...
                        X