Vancouver Island Poker Run 2011 - 2nd Annual Charity Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im gunna try and make this.
    1992 Dark Blue Pearl Skyline GTR - 457 rwhp, 404 tq @ 19 psi , chevron 94.
    1991 Gunmetal GTS4 - SOLD

Originally posted by dah_hunter
    i wait till the lights yellow.. or i lean far and go.. thats what BOOOOST if for..

Comment

Hope you can Shane, was a good time last year. Would you be bringing a co-pilot? I'll put you on the list. Don't need a real commitment till about 2 months out when I have to start looking at food and the size of the facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by DDonovan View Post
        Hope you can Shane, was a good time last year. Would you be bringing a co-pilot? I'll put you on the list. Don't need a real commitment till about 2 months out when I have to start looking at food and the size of the facilities.
        I will have a passenger most likely, unless the girlfriend works that weekend. My buddy might ride as my passenger if she cant make it... but only if he doesnt bring his range rover on 26's

i wait till the lights yellow.. or i lean far and go.. thats what BOOOOST if for..

Comment

Ha OK I will put you down as a +1..., Have you seen my son's Escalade with the 24's ..., Damn gangster! lol

Comment

yah im pretty sure I have ... everyones seen my buddys rover .. I hope he brings it out to the poker run :

supercharged range rover sport on 26'' diablo elite wheels, 275/25zr26 tires

Comment

I heard a story about his stereo being a tad loud ..., Man not a lot of clearance on those wheels.
              Last edited by DDonovan; 03-27-2011, 01:08 AM.

Comment

I heard a story about his stereo being a tad loud ..., Man not a lot of clearance on those wheels.
                lol a tad loud would be an understatement and the rover is in "access mode" in that picture (air suspension as low as it can go) , theres about an inch and a half - 2 inch clearance once its raised up to normal driving hieght

Comment

Oh crap, I didn't even notice Dave was here too.

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

^ Hey I'm orginally from Pembroke..., pretty much your back yard.

Comment

O RLY?

Do you have a day job or do you organize car cruises like this fulltime?

Comment

^ Not a cruz, well sort of is. I am raising money for severely disabled and terminally children to go to summer camp. Good event to get Japanese Imports together, go for a cruz, have dinner in a really nice place, and help out some needy families. My day job is way more difficult and although pays very well, isn't half as rewarding my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane_Sawatzki View Post
                          lol a tad loud would be an understatement and the rover is in "access mode" in that picture (air suspension as low as it can go) , theres about an inch and a half - 2 inch clearance once its raised up to normal driving hieght
                          Saw, and heard, the vehicle today on Sooke Rd around dinner time..., base was pounding so loud and low that it almost made me poop my pants .., lol

Comment

^ Not a cruz, well sort of is. I am raising money for severely disabled and terminally children to go to summer camp. Good event to get Japanese Imports together, go for a cruz, have dinner in a really nice place, and help out some needy families. My day job is way more difficult and although pays very well, isn't half as rewarding my friend.
                            Oh I'm not doubting the heart behind the purpose of the event, and kudos to you, but I just find that its incredible how you seem to go all over the interweb re-posting and updating your threads for this event, even in forums that have little relevance to the S2K. Must be tiring...

Comment

I could go for a cruz, hell, sign me up for two.. those spanish and brazilian women.. mmmmm
                              1/1_Scale
                              パーソナリティは、1つを得る

Comment

JZ ==> thanks! I do it on as many of the Japanese Import sites that I can. Most groups on the island are too small so I am trying to get all the Japanese Imports together. I love to see what other people are doing with thier cars, not just the S2000's. I am trying to bring the import enthusiasts together. Since it is kind of expensive here on the island and it is expensive just to get to and get off of the island, I wanted to create an event instead of just a meet. The poker run idea came from my brother who is a Harley owner and they do them all the time. Last year I only did the NSX and S2000's for the most part just to feel it out. It was great and we ended up generating enough cash to send a couple of kids to camp.

This year I want to make the event even bigger with all Japanese Imports invited. To make it so people would come to the island I had to have good sponsorship and prizes, so I gave away $1,000.00 in cash money and two trips to Las Vegas fro two and one trip to Calgary to particpate in the Allen Burgen F1 Driver Training course. All Honda dealerships on the island threw in sponsorship and swag as did many local and national car type businesses like Kal-Tire, Bread Garden, Detailers, SHC AutoGraphics..., we had lots of stuff and pretty much everyone went home with something.

Anyway you get the picture.

Chewy ==> You serious? Do you want to sign up? We do have 4 GTR's I believe so far.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X