204 area help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 204 area help

So I'm pretty damn sure I blew my turbo today... It doesn't sound like spooling, can't even describe what it's like but it doesn't boost either. Would anybody from the 204 area be down to meet up and take a quick drive in my car with me to see what it sounds like to see if its a blown turbo? Car is now fuucked and I am choked. Looks like it's probably going away til next season

Possibly a massive boost leak? Can you make a video of what the car is doing?
    Originally posted by kengeroo
    that's what I thought when I opened the package..
    ...don't drink and ebay
    '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Do you hear a loud hissing sound when you hit the gas ? You would hear it if it was a boost leak.

If you have to take it to a shop I would recommend Western Turbo, they fixed my leak for me

Comment

take a propane torch. dont light it but just turn it on. then run it past all vaccum line, ic pipping while the car is running. if the idle raises then its a leak, if nothing happens then blown turbo
        Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

you haven't really described the problem well enough to diagnose over the internet, but before you push the toaster into the bathtub with you, check all the intercooler piping, every time I've "blown" a turbo it was always a silicone coupling popping loose. The car will barely run with a popped hose, as it will be massively rich.
          If it IS a hose, you may have to clean/replace the spark plugs after you fix it, as the rich conditions will foul em' up pretty badly
          good luck

Comment

haha thats' what you get for being 2 fast 2 furious.

Comment

it is definitely not a boost leak. I've had a couple before and know what they sound and feel like. I hear rattling in my exhaust that was never there before and the turbo/engine makes a bad grinding-ish sound when trying to boost and it will not create any. The car runs alright at idle and if you are revving low without trying to create boost, but the sound kicks in once the turbo tries to create boost. I didn't see any black smoke at the time it happened but I wasn't really paying attention to that.

Comment

Scratch that, it doesn't run so hot at idle either, but it's definitely not a boost leak. It starts making loud, strange noises before it even in vacuum before it hits 0psi. Coach, where is Western Turbo and how much do you think it would cost for me to have my turbo taken out, checked and replaced with another turbo that I pick up?

Comment

There was no BLACK smoke but there was LOTS of white smoke, all thick and ****. Did not hear any spooling what so ever and it sounded bad haha

Comment

white smoke eh? that usually means there's coolant in your exhaust, its kinda hard to get coolant in your exhaust, blown headgaskets, cracked blocks etc, either way its not a good sign, I suppose its possible that the water coolant in the turbo is making into your exhaust, like a cracked housing. It might be time to get your hands dirty and start taking apart your turbo system...

what where you doing at the time it happened? pulling hard? over-boosting?

Comment

Pulling hard boosting around 14psi, no spikes or anything. You don't hear the turbo at all though. Absolutely no spooling. A couple people have told me it sounds like a blown turbo from their experience.

Comment

boosting at 14 psi all the time will deff blow your turbo
                        Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
                        X