This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Time.....VERY LONG TIME

Dont know if anyone here remembers me...

But i used to be big into skylines here on the west coast....

Not sure if most people ever heard the story of "Zulu's" famous R32 GTR with the ground up built nur spec engine tuned by XS Engineering...

Long story short...the car was blown up after Zulu sold it, and now, after two years, him an I have officially rebuilt it for the new owner...

Just thought id let everyone know....oh btw...i fell in love with these cars again...
    Fraser Valley Imports.ca
    (The Detailer)
    We aren't just Importers, we are Owners

Bike Project: Susie - 05 Suzuki GSXR 600
    Car Project: In The Making

Pics!
    Polish Power

Comment

quit playing just the tip and give us some details man !!!

Myself and probably most people here have no clue what or who zulu is but Im guessing he drove a bad ass GTR ? can you give us a brief history on the car or the previous build ? just a few points to touch on the best parts would be good.
      "LAG is the time the guy beside you thought he won"

Comment

Waiting for Falcon to chime in on this one!

My cars:
        1996 BCNR33 GT-R
        1992 FD3S RX-7 Type-S

Comment

Welcome back!

Loved Zulu's GTR...Zulu knows that. Let's see her again

GTRC....they always come back

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

im in the dark here...
            1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Yeah post pictures! I always loved that car!

Comment

haha...

Man i feel old and im only 20!!! so many new people here...and yes where is falcon...

Unfortunately we dont have many pictures of DURING the build, but we have a few...

but here is everything...

- ME

And for those who dont know...this is my old car

Fraser Valley Imports.ca
                (The Detailer)

Comment

Love the red one ! so whats the deal with zulu's car ? was it huge hp or something ? Still running low mount twins ?

Comment

lol yea im with evilgtr no disrespect or anything but i dont see what all the hype is about...

Comment

the car is a far cry from what it once was unfortunately no offence, to the current owner, but proper care was not take :S...

it made 580 AWHP on XS engineering's dyno...

Im sure most people here dont know but you have to be hand selected by the staff at XS engineering to have your car tuned by them...

When zulu was building his car, they were so impressed that they took the car on as the lead tuners...

The history of this car is amazing, and hard to describe now since i dont think most would see it...

Once zulu sold the car, the owner blew it up by not treating or maintaining it properly, and then asked him to rebuild it with which i helped...so, it is now in the current status its in...

Basically, it is a complete NUR block that was built ground up, and probably the fastest and best tuned GTR ive seen in the lower mainland which was RELIABLE...

Theres a video
                      Fraser Valley Imports.ca
                      (The Detailer)

Comment

more details on the build? a nur block fully built only reving to 7900?

Comment

580whp is a respectable number but honestly with the hype surrounding zulu I was expecting a story telling us about a 800+ rwhp street monster. My car was recently tuned to within 10whp of zulu and its nothing special and was tuned to the side of safety since I drive it everyday. I also did it with a set up similar to Mark berry's R32 GTR and used low mount twins and pump gas which is a respectable feat.

"When zulu was building his car, they were so impressed that they took the car on as the lead tuners..." I think this holds some merit but on the other hand if I was a tuner you can bet your bottom dollar I would tune every car as if it were my own, the perception some might gather from this is he only does a good job on cars he really likes ?

Also how can a company select which cars they tune ? Iv gathered bits and pieces about XS and from what I understand they are a reputable shop,but really do they scour forums looking for super builds then request that they are tuned at XS ?

Please dont take my realistic views and opinions to this thread as offensive I mean no disrespect and am not looking to offend offend you,I guess we were just expecting this car to be a monster ! There are gtrc members on here pushing much more whp that drive their cars - hard - on a daily basis.

Also when I had my car tuned on Racing Greeds dyno there was a R32 GTR there that layed down 610whp with low mount twins and pump gas with meth, now thats deep respect. Hand built by the kid to.

Comment

haha....

i see not much has changed on gtrc in the few years ive been absent...still controversial and only horsepower is what matters...

its not always about the numbers...

and no XS engineering does not scour forums...instead people ask them to tune their cars, and they reject many on the basis that they specialize in race specific cars, not everyday drivers...

you have to appeal to them in order for them to do it...

also, this car was limited by the 700cc injectors being maxed out, possibility for more power was always there had 1000ccs been used, but they were decided against...

i find it funny though that because his numbers werent so big, its not that impressive...

what about the all around build, quality, attention paid to detail, maintenance, suspension, proper tuning, etc. pays alot more hommage to the car then down right horse power
                            Fraser Valley Imports.ca
                            (The Detailer)

Comment

dude if you want all this high mighty respect then earn it. how do you want us to pay attention to the build quality the level of detail maintenance, suspension and proper tuning when you have said **** all about the car you say we are only talking about numbers well let me break this down for you. you came in here with all this hype about a legendary gtr then when we ask for more you post up a number and a few pics of a relativley stock looking gtr what did you expecy?

Comment

Working...
                              X