Best Value Tuner in Manitoba?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Value Tuner in Manitoba?

Does anybody know who is the best VALUE tuner in the city or close by? Actually, both cheapest period and best value. I'm getting my car back tomorrow afternoon with my uprated turbo on it and I have my Haltech Platinum Pro sitting here waiting to start pumping this engine. I'm looking to get a cheap tune for the setup I have now so I can run it in boost without risk running lean and have a bit of fun before storage but then I'll need a good retune in the spring for new injectors, fuel pump, etc.

cheap and tune should never been in the same sentence. tune is the most important part of your build. you can spend 4000000000 on parts but you wont make any power without a great tune.
    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

I was just saying a cheap tune for the next couple days until I store my car. Once springs rolls around I'll be getting a good tune, but I just wanted a quick one for now

Comment

Is there anybody in the province that will even tune our cars other that Drag Mart? Just called Motion and Walls and they won't touch it.

Comment

why waste money on a cheap tune now. just wait get the build done and get a good tune in the spring.
          Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

I haven't been able to drive the car for months and oim just really itching to boost a bit before winter. Kinda stupid I know, but I've sunk so much money into it recently without being able to drive it that I just need to now haha. Drag mart told me that the base map for my ecu is probably almost good enough to drive already and that an hour with it and he'll be able to dect my knock if any and make enough adjustments to run on the actuator 8psi

Comment

It really bugs me that motion and wall wont touch imports... are they too good for imports or something,.....what bs reason did they give you Ryan?
              NEPTUNE OPTIMUS MAXIMUS

Comment

Originally posted by NeptuneGTR View Post
                It really bugs me that motion and wall wont touch imports... are they too good for imports or something,.....what bs reason did they give you Ryan?
                Alot of imports, even usdm imports take like 8+ hours to tune and the import guys weren't willing to put the money up so they said **** it. we'll stick to what we know.
                Originally posted by Paradis
                ^^ hows not being rich going? ...haters be hatin

Comment

Honestly, they didn't even give me an effing reason... Pretty choked at them but w/e **** them then. Drag Mart will do for now and he seems confident in what he was saying too. After I got off with the phone with him after talking about it and how the weather should hold out til next week as it hasn't snowed it, of course it started snowing/slushing haha. And in the spring I'm hoping to go to EFI University and get certified to dyno tune, that is as long as I can keep finding out good info about the place and course. I'm definitely going to go in for an hour on the dyno when I get my car back just to make sure everything's in check because to me, the $150 I'll spend on that is worth the peace of mind that I won't run super lean and fry pistons/ring lands, etc, know what I'm saying? And yes I know it's pretty much end of season and I'll need a retune in the spring

Comment

Tony is correct, the only tuner I know told me it takes 5-8 hours to tune it properly. I called Walls last year, and I eventually got an email form Walls himself. He told me that they stopped due to the budget size of potential customers. At the end of the day you have to willing to pay more than intitially projected, and when you can't he is stuck with a half done car and trying to chase people for cash.

I am hoping to get my buddy in Calgary to line my up with a good tuner and shop, then I hope to be able to drive out next spring and get my car tuned properly.

I will let you know if I have any success.

Coach

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                      Tony is correct, the only tuner I know told me it takes 5-8 hours to tune it properly. I called Walls last year, and I eventually got an email form Walls himself. He told me that they stopped due to the budget size of potential customers. At the end of the day you have to willing to pay more than intitially projected, and when you can't he is stuck with a half done car and trying to chase people for cash.

I am hoping to get my buddy in Calgary to line my up with a good tuner and shop, then I hope to be able to drive out next spring and get my car tuned properly.

I will let you know if I have any success.

Coach
                      Out in Calgary, Autodream does really good work, but with good work, you will need to spend a good amount of $$$.. I recommend Autodream.

Comment

I think you have to be prepared to pay whatever it takes........I am budgeting for $1000

I also have another line on a shop, a buddy of mine here who's family owns a autobody shop has an uncle in Calgary with a shop that has an AW Dyno. Hoping for a deal......

Any idea what Autodream charges ?

Comment

standard tuning is ~$150/hr. some shops are a little more some are a little less but its a good bench mark.
                          1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

So ~$150 is average per hour? Wicked, at least Drag Mart is pretty standard then

Comment

Working...
                            X