Driving my R33 GTR from calgary to vancouver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving my R33 GTR from calgary to vancouver

hey just wanted to know by anyone who has gone from calgary to vancouver with their r33 gtr about much it cost (gas) and how long it took you.

thx

I made the trip this year and it approximately took about $170-180 for one way. That was with an R32 GT-R and 93 Octane ($1.18ish?/L at the time) but remember gas price jumps once your in BC.
    Last edited by Micho; 12-22-2011, 04:16 AM.
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ 1990 BNR32

Comment

I just brought my Stagea home from Vancouver to Edmonton via Kelowna/vernon to Panorama ----> Canmore ----> Edmonton.
      Gas was 320.00. Engine is RB25DET, so I'd imagine you'd be in for 250ish

Comment

should post when you arrive to vancouver and should have a small meet goin! im guessing this is summer time?
        TOP SECRET- 85%
        91 accord exr - DD
        R32 GTR - summer car SOLD
        R33 GTST (sold)
        91 civic hb (swap motor) - sold

Comment

About 9 hours give or take
          And depends how you drive. Stay at low rpm's and avoid redline and you should be fine
          R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
          Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

is this happening summer time?
            TOP SECRET- 85%
            91 accord exr - DD
            R32 GTR - summer car SOLD
            R33 GTST (sold)
            91 civic hb (swap motor) - sold

Comment

I would be down to meet for a coffe too when you get here. Let us know.
              I made that trip a few years back as a cruise with TSS to the autoshow that was happening at a stadium. We went in august i think, and i remember it cost me about $400 in fuel round trip for my gtst. It was running pig rich though... Two tanks there and two back +/-. Its about 1200km i think? Took us 12 hours but we stopped a couple times to chat and get some road munchies.

Anyways let us know!

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk

Comment

i just got back from vancouver and it cost me about 160 to get there and it took about 11 hours driving thur the night. Coming back took me 18 hours due to the snow going thur the mountain and everyone going like 60km/h. its cost me like $220 on gas on the way back.

Comment

If you're doing the drive in the summer I'd definitely recommend taking the sea-to-sky highway up to whistler then taking the "Lillooet" (hwy99 to hwy12) back towards calgary. By far the funnest road I've ever driven in Canada. Watch out for bears though. I think it cost me about $200 and took around 13 hours going that way last summer (got stuck in traffic near golden so could be done faster than that too). Lowered R33 gtr with cat back exhaust on shell 91
                  Last edited by sb119; 01-01-2012, 10:50 PM.

Comment

I read this backwards I was thinking vancover to Calgary. Sorry! Going the other way the turn off to Lillooet from highway 1 is just after kamloops. Then through whistler down the sea-to-sky to van.

Comment

Just drove from Edmonton to Yellowknife in the R33. . .1500 km's. . .~13 hours. . .right around $200. . .gas in Yellowknife is $1.48/L. . .I'll be driving from Edmonton to Vancouver next month. . .I'll let you know how it goes. . .

Comment

Working...
                      X