borrow your ignitor for 5 minutes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• borrow your ignitor for 5 minutes.

I'm having some crazy spark blow out and or miss fire at 5K rpm+ and i think its my ignitor because everything else is new ( yellow jacket coilpacks, spark plugs at bkr7e @ .30 , fuel pump ect.) car ran fine all summer then started doing this one morning and it wont go away.
    so could i borrow someones known working one for like 5 minutes ill drive to your house, quickly swap them and go for a rip and see if it works then give it right back to you.

edit: for an r32 btw. rb26 and rb20 should be interchangeable
    Last edited by nick-nismo; 09-11-2012, 03:48 PM.
    Built R32 GTR, BW S362, 682awhp @ 28psi

rb20 isnt interchangable 25 is tho with 26 i believe
    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

RB 20 and 26 are interchangeable, 25's are the oddball if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
      -Bruce Lee

Comment

25 s1 is the same as z32 they can be used with a rewire and re pin. S2 is n/a.
        My question still stands. I want to rule this out before I start swapping coil packs or order a new harness

Comment

you can try mine... im in surrey... my car is parked at the moment... running a 20
          Currently rollin' in a 1997 Nissan 240sx こうき

The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

Comment

you can try mine if you need. located in surrey as well. ill pm you

Comment

Let us know for sure if this works, I'm getting blowout in holes 3 and 4. I've swapped around coils ( also YellowJackets) and tried my old coils, checked the harness and even checked spark strength at the coils (unfortunately not under load) and it all checks out. Runs like a top at anything under .5bar and up to redline but breakes up only in those two cyl above .5bar.

Want to do the Z32 ignitor swap anyway.

Jon.
              Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

i tried DiiCii's ignitor tonight (thanks btw!) it was pretty well the exact same, still miss fired like a pig at anything above 5k in WOT.
                i think im going to try a new coil pack harness, mine is pretty brittle, god i dont want to swap the old coils in because one of thoes is ****** too.

Dragon Hunter how did you pin point which cylinder was missfiring?

: should have just done ls2 coils in the first place instead of dropping 450 on yellowjackets

Comment

what do you guys think of this

Comment

^ that's a good deal. I paid 100.00 for my rb26 coil harness from eBay. It was a genuine Nissan part though.

None the less wires are wires and this is a good deal!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Pulled the plugs, 1 2 and 5 6 were nice and clean, 3 and 4 were sooty. Swapped them around and the sooty plugs are now clean, clean ones sooty. Swapping out coils did nothing either.

Jon.
                      Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Check injector loom, injectors on those cylinders (could be leaking). Also PowerFC can adjust fueling on those cylinders (I think is in %), so check that as well.

Missing can be traced back to injector loom, coilpack loom, sparkplug gap is too large (if misses at higher rpm), ignition module, leaking injectors.
                        Last edited by Skym; 09-13-2012, 03:32 AM.
                        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Hey Skym, have you ever heard of anyone with a PowerFC having a momentary glitch while they were driving their car? It doesn't happen all that often but once in a while my car will have a hiccup like everything shut down then it will come right in again like nothing happened. I just did a road trip that was about 4 hrs each direction and it only did it once on the return trip. Not predictable at all and will sometimes go weeks in between hiccups.

I wonder if my current issue may have something to do with that. Could an ignitor do that?

I'll be dissecting my coil loom shortly, everything else you mentioned is good.

Jon.

Comment

also have you guys also heard of yellow jacket coil packs failing after 7,000 km. i went and talked to the guys at racing greed today and they think i have a faulty one or 2.

Comment

Did they check the resistance on the primary side of the coils? I tried my old coils and no luck.

Jon.

Comment

Working...
                              X