Insurance Inspection Alberta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance Inspection Alberta

Hello Everyone, I am new to the forum and would like to ask a quick question. I might be getting a skyline soon if I sell my MK4 Na supra, the thing is I don't want to go through the inspection the TD does again.
    Is anyone with an insurance company who didn't ask them to do the insurance inspection? Thanks a lot

State Farm, 3 rhd's last year and no inspections on either

Comment

Correct me of I'm wrong but as far as I know all insurance company "suppose" too require an insurance inspection on anything over 15 years. But you can get a copy of the inspection sheet on line and go over it yourself nothing on that inspection is to crazy it's pretty laid back

Comment

Comment

Just as long as brakes, lights, tires, glass, body, and frame/subframes are sound you should be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
          -Bruce Lee

Comment

I think they are supposed to require inspection, anything over 10 years I thought

Comment

I think they are supposed to require inspection, anything over 10 years I thought

Comment

^^^ Yup.

-Bruce Lee

Comment

Thanks for everyone's quick replies, I was just a little concerened that if the skyline was modified it wouldn't pass but it seems like they don't check that kinda thing

Comment

It shouldn't pass if there are any mods at all, I had a gtst inspected a few years ago, took it too a small shop, I just told them it was stock, they didn't know the difference, I can't remember the name of the shop, its in the ne,I can find out, they are ok for inspection but I wouldn't have any work done there, but that's another story

Comment

You need to find yourself a good mechanic that isnt a hard ass ive had both mine "inspected" without my cars being there just got the paper work, he knows everything was fine but the part where it says modified for speed make sure they tick no lol. Also johnsons insurance is great i pay under $450 a year full coverage with car value at 15 grand
                      1990 R32 GTR 329awhp @12psi stock turbos

Comment

Originally posted by bourquetc View Post
                        You need to find yourself a good mechanic that isnt a hard ass ive had both mine "inspected" without my cars being there just got the paper work, he knows everything was fine but the part where it says modified for speed make sure they tick no lol. Also johnsons insurance is great i pay under $450 a year full coverage with car value at 15 grand
                        Seems like a good plan, I know one shop that i'm cool with. if anyone else knows shops for "inspections" feel free to tell the name.

Comment

Originally posted by bourquetc View Post
                          Wow, that is a sweet deal on your insurance, I'm gonna have to check them out, with State Farm I pay around 350 for 6 months, but that's just plpd, they only do 6 month policys

Comment

I work at Lendrum automotive in Edmonton. I can do insurance inspections. Opi's are harder.

-Bruce Lee

Comment

lol opis are harder to pass less you know someone :P if your buying a skyline buy it in the province of residence to avoid it also make sure that box modified for speed isn't checked like they said otherwise you premium will skyrocket lol just ell them its stock and you should be fine, exhausts dont count under the modified for speed category either if the say it does tell them to get to **** of and take it somewhere else... also dont let them drive
                              TO GRIP OR NOT TO GRIP.... THAT IS THE QUESTION

Comment

Working...
                              X