Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need help from members around vancouver/coquitlam/burnaby area with upcoming purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help from members around vancouver/coquitlam/burnaby area with upcoming purchase

Hi guys I'm Jason from vancouver, just signed up to gather some info regarding a potential purchase of an r33. I have built a fwd car which I use for daily and track at the moment that I've been rocking for a few years now. There's an r33 that I'm looking to buy right now and I'm hoping you guys could steer me to the right direction.

Anyways I'm dealing with a local seller who claims he's an importer and have imported and sold many jdm cars locally and drives a 97 jdm supra TT. He says he knows somebody from japan who arranges all the purchase and inspection of the cars that he imports here. I'm interested in this bone stock 97 r33 in mint condition that he's selling although this would be my first imported car purchase so I wanna make sure that I don't come across any problems with legally registering and daily driving the car.

about the car - he says he had just picked it up at the docks 3 weeks ago which he originally imported for someone to buy but the buyer couldnt come up with the $$ and now he's posted the car fs in public. He says that the car is at his place and has already passed provincial inspection and aircare is the only thing it needs for it to be insured.

Things I would like to know:

- what particular importing related documents should I ask for when I buy? I will ask for a copy of the provincial inspection but would I need to also keep/ask copies of the bill of landing, deregistration papers, CFIA? I have been talking to Ben (dah_hunter) and according to him these are the documents I would want to see and make copies of:

Form 1
    B15 (Customs form) Might be called something else
    Bill of Sale from the guy in Japan.
    Export document and the translation

is there anything else u guys could add onto this list?

- he doesnt have a copy of the japanese auction sheet and has no service records at all. The car only comes with the skyline handbook and he says about 80% of the cars he imported over had the same case. Is this mostly the case when u guys bought ur cars?

we have arranged to meet this saturday for me to have a look and test drive the car but other than the requested info I listed below, is there anything else that I'm missing? Thanks a lot in advance for your input.

Well my first red flag is that since being imported he claims it hasn't been insured and driven in BC then it won't need aircare for the first year. If it needs aircare then its been insured and driven. Buyer beware if he's not being honest about something that little...

Once you import a car here your given an exemption from aircare on the FIRST time its insured until it is re-insured. Whether its insured for 3months up to a year.

This excludes any special inspection permits that are required in order to drive it away from the docks/to the inspection facility as well as any regular operating permits after it has been inspected and registered as aircare is not needed/considered for these permits.

Good luck.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Brent is right. Any car that is out of province or in this case out of country that comes into bc is aircare exempt. id also be a little worried about why he doesnt have the auction sheet as the auction sheet can say alot about what you wont see on a car.
      1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Car would be Aircare Exempt for the first insurance period..

as for no auction sheet. well the car could have been bought from a dealer in japan..

there are tons of cars that dont sell through auction.
        Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

ahh good info to know.. i'm not sure if he's already insured the car or not but he says that hes driven it about 20km in total since the pickup at the docks to go thru inspection and all that stuff.. but in any case we have agreed that he will take it thru aircare first if we do proceed with the sale

im also not sure why he doesn't have the auction sheet but he says that 80% of all the cars he's imported in the past didn't have them either and that he deals with a local guy in japan who buys and inspects the car for him when he imports them.

i'll be doing a compression test when i check out the car this saturday, what compression numbers should i expect to see? would it be more accurate to do it when the motor is cold or hot? i have always done it hot on my other motors but im not sure which would be better for an rb26deTT

Comment

go look at the car. he got air care done just to make it easier for people to buy.

oh and i woulnt reallly care about the import papers...
            as long as the car is registered you dont have to worry about that paper work.

thats what i would do

Comment

common issues with a r33 is the trunks leak due to the panel seals being dried out, and the tail light seals are usually gone too.
              Misfires usually happen at about 4500-5500 rpm due to coil packs being slightly worn out. the timing belt tensioner and idler bolts should be changed too when the belt is changed, seen some of those bolts and studs snap after changing the belt. basically what most of these cars need is a full service of every system.

btw what car is that in your profile picture? were you just autoxing last sunday feb 3rd?

Comment

Professional 24/7 Locksmith

Originally posted by ap3x View Post
                Hi guys I'm Jason from vancouver, just signed up to gather some info regarding a potential purchase of an r33. I have built a fwd car which I use for daily and track at the moment that I've been rocking for a few years now. There's an r33 that I'm looking to buy right now and I'm hoping you guys could steer me to the right direction.

Anyways I'm dealing with a local seller who claims he's an importer and have imported and sold many jdm cars locally and drives a 97 jdm supra TT. He says he knows somebody from japan who arranges all the purchase and inspection of the cars that he imports here. I'm interested in this bone stock 97 r33 in mint condition that he's selling although this would be my first imported car purchase so I wanna make sure that I don't come across any problems with legally registering and daily driving the car.

about the car - he says he had just picked it up at the docks 3 weeks ago which he originally imported for someone to buy but the buyer couldnt come up with the $$ and now he's posted the car fs in public. He says that the car is at his place and has already passed provincial inspection and aircare is the only thing it needs for it to be insured.

Things I would like to know:

- what particular importing related documents should I ask for when I buy? I will ask for a copy of the provincial inspection but would I need to also keep/ask copies of the bill of landing, deregistration papers, CFIA? I have been talking to Ben (dah_hunter) and according to him these are the documents I would want to see and make copies of:

Form 1
                B15 (Customs form) Might be called something else
                Bill of Sale from the guy in Japan.
                Export document and the translation

is there anything else u guys could add onto this list?

- he doesnt have a copy of the japanese auction sheet and has no service records at all. The car only comes with the skyline handbook and he says about 80% of the cars he imported over had the same case. Is this mostly the case when u guys bought ur cars?

we have arranged to meet this saturday for me to have a look and test drive the car but other than the requested info I listed below, is there anything else that I'm missing? Thanks a lot in advance for your input.
                We can help round the clock. . It does not matter whether it is 3am in the morning or midnight if you are in any emergency need you can call us 604-358-7788 without any hesitation and our professionals will arrive immediately to assist you right away. toplocksmithvancouver.ca

Comment

LoL ^^^^ nice
                  Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

how would a spam come here just like that :P

Comment

Working...
                    X