Join the club show off you ride at the Driven to Perform Calgary auto show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Join the club show off you ride at the Driven to Perform Calgary auto show

Driven to perform is coming to Calgary May 11th to the University of Calgary Oval.

We have contacted the admin of GTRC and they have allowed us to enter the auto show under their name.

With this said, we are looking for anyone owning a skyline of any kind to join up with us and represent the Calgary skyline community and join as a car club.

We would like to register for the show as soon as possible as we know space is limited.
    If you are interested contact me through this thread or through PM and I will answer any questions and give any info you need.

Currently we have two Gtst skylines in our ranks and would like to expand by having any r33's or any gtr's.
    If you've been working on you car for a long time, this is the perfect opportunity to show off your hard work.

Its looking like registry is $50 to get your car in and 2 passes for you and someone else. Pretty good deal when you consider just to get in is $17.

Here is some other details on the event for registrants.

Roll-in Date: Friday, May 10, 2013

Roll-in: Friday 2:00PM - 9:00PM

Fuel Requirement: Your vehicle must have less than 1/4 tank of fuel in order to enter premises.
    Drop cloths are required for all vehicles

Move-Out Date: Saturday May 11 10:00PM - 12:00AM
    (ALL Displays and Vehicles MUST be moved out by 12:00AM the same night).

I will keep trying to update this thread with any new news on the show and the sate of entering.

I was thinking about this last week! A GTRC entry would be cool

Im down to put my '33 in!
    Skyline hipster owl

Comment

Here is some more info what your car needs in order to enter the show.

Minimum Show Quality:

The exterior must be fully painted and all interior panels must be in place. Vehicles modified for full race applications (lacking interior panels) may qualify to enter into competition provided the exterior of the vehicle still meets the display requirements.

We also require a minimum of five modifications to showcase your vehicle.
      If the resale value of your vehicle is less than $50,000, your ride must have a set of aftermarket wheels and tires. Other modifications we would like to see but not limited to include lip kits or body kits, lowered suspension, and aftermarket lighting.

WAIVER:
      As a participant of Driven, I agree to hereby hold harmless the organizers and participants of Driven from any claims of loss and/or harm
      regarding same event. I agree to abide by all standards and rules set forth by judges and organizers of Driven. By accepting these
      conditions, I hereby agree to accept under reasonable conditions the final judgment and award of prizes of the participating judges of
      same event. I understand and accept all rules and claim by my submission that all the information is correct and understand that any
      false information can jeopardize my eligibility in this competition.

After reading the above and interested we will need your First and Last name, Phone number, Make model and year of your vehicle.

Hopefully some time before the show we can all get together to discuss and go through any last minute details for the show. It is best to roll-in together as a group so we can insure we are placed together.
      Last edited by nkee; 03-08-2013, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrocker View Post
        I was thinking about this last week! A GTRC entry would be cool

Im down to put my '33 in!
        Perfect we are glad to hear it! GTRC has aslo agreed to supply us with stickers for our cars bareing the GTRC logo so we need to get a final count to them as soon as we can.

Comment

My goal is to have my car ready for this! Whens the deadline to enter? I'm waiting on LOTS of parts right now and won't know until later whether I'll be ready to enter (R33 GTR).

Comment

Soudns good keep me in the loop @nkee

yeah seth! @sb119 =]
            Skyline hipster owl

Comment

Here are the pics of my skyline that will be in the show again this year.
              I have been in the show the last three years.
              2010 with my Eclipse at the show here in Edmonton
              2011 with my Eclipse at the show in Winnipeg, and
              2012 with my Skyline at the show in Calgary.
              I am definitely going this year again, was planning to be in the 780tuners booth again, but if not, Hopefully there is some room for me in the GTRC booth

Comment

I'm not sure when the deadline is yet. I'm waiting on a reply from info@repmedia who is the contact for inquiries regarding the show. They've been lacking in tho whole replying to emails as I have sent off a few. I'm assuming they are busy with other matters with the show.
                Also I assume the deadline for the entry will be when they run out of room to fit more cars so it will be best to let us know if you can enter as soon as possible with your First and Last name, Phone number, Make model and year of your vehicle so we can send off the entry form right away.

Dakota_gsx she is deffs a beaut. For sure a great addition if your interesteed.

Comment

Originally posted by sb119 View Post
                  My goal is to have my car ready for this! Whens the deadline to enter? I'm waiting on LOTS of parts right now and won't know until later whether I'll be ready to enter (R33 GTR).
                  I got in touch with the Calgary coordinator for the show and they have told me that the deadline is in mid April. He also said that space is definitely limited and as the show draws near the amount of entries will have a cap on how many cars can enter. I am hoping, if I can, to send in the final list of cars for the GTRC group by the end of march just to insure we get a spot.

Do you know roughly if you will have your car done before the show?

Comment

i think i'm going to bring both my cars to the show
                    It's better to burn out then to fade away

Comment

I was planning on trying to get in with the 780tuners booth, but I'd much rather enter with GTRC. Count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by Gojira1 View Post
                        i think i'm going to bring both my cars to the show
                        That sounds awesome. Let me know if you would like to be part of the GTRC club for the show and we will get some GTRC stickers for your cars.

Comment

Originally posted by louis110 View Post
                          I was planning on trying to get in with the 780tuners booth, but I'd much rather enter with GTRC. Count me in.
                          Perfect! Any one that will commit can PM me there Info so i can add them to the list to send off to the Driven 2013 coordinator.

Comment

Alright here is what has been going on recently:
                            We currently have 6 cars confirmed ( People who have PMed me their First and Last name, Phone numbers, make model and year)

For some reason Driven wants to know what brand of tire we have on our cars, so if you haven't already I need that information as well.

I'd like to set up a day we can all get together to meet up before the show just to talk about when to arrive at the U of C and the entry fee everyone needs to bring on the day of the event in order to be in the show. We also can talk about Ideas for how the GTRC area will be laid out assuming we all arrive at the same time and are put together. Currently working on getting a banner made for the show as well.

If you have any suggestions for the day to meet or can't make it let me know. Thinking about possibly last week of April sometime?

Comment

So i have some bad news for the GTRC club. I just had two cars drop out of the club for financial reasonings that they could not finish their cars on time. So this brings the club number down to 4 cars which is below the minimum required to enter the show. Unless we can get one more car to confirm with me shortly then I fear GTRC calgary wont be making an appearence in driven this year...

I appologize to all who wanted to enter the show and I hope you all can still join up with the 780tuners still if still interested in entering the show.

Comment

Working...
                              X