Nissan tuning is to go stupid FAST !

Goals for 2013
    Get the dAmn thing rUnning

1989 GTR - summer toy
    2011 Ram - winter beater

Comment

snow tires are a must up there sometimes they check

Comment

Coming from someone that used to live up in central BC and worked at Kal Tire. Snow tires on a car are a must when driving up north as the roads can get up to a foot of compacted snow in areas from Dec - March, studs and siping would also be recommended but are probably overkill for just a trip. If you are taking a truck you can either run snow tires or a snow rated all terrain like the BFG A/T 10ply but i would recommend to weigh down the box between the wheel wells with some sand bags. As for road conditions, see the link i provided in the previous reply for frequently updated road conditions for which route you will be driving. And as always when driving in the snow, watch your speed and braking. Too slow is just as dangerous as too fast especially on an incline.

My explanation may be a bit overkill as kamloops isnt very far up north, but its better to be prepared and be safe rather than be stuck in the ditch and regretting trying to run it on summers.
        Last edited by evolution23; 12-17-2013, 12:00 AM.
        1989 GTR - summer toy
        2011 Ram - winter beater

Comment

The canyon is clear, the Coqu is too but that will change soon. Its the mountain passes you really have to watch out on, things can get really ugly in a matter of minutes. Dont screw around, get snow tires...it really can be a life and death decision.

Really fantastic tires for the price point are the Hankook I-pikes from Crappy tire, really quiet, work very well and dirt cheap.

Jon.
          Last edited by Dragon Humper; 12-17-2013, 02:56 AM.
          Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Working...
          X