Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta government's attack on RHD vehicles (Take the Survey)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alberta government's attack on RHD vehicles (Take the Survey)

A member on my Site posted this info and well it effects a lot of members here as well:

(Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BN2TLYF )

Related thread:

Thanks
    Last edited by dah_hunter; 12-04-2014, 10:19 AM.
    Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

i took the survey
    BNR32, AE86, MX73(project for sale), RN130

Comment

Had a few moments, filled it out too
      2012 Deep Pearl Blue Black Edition GT-R

Some say my teeth glow in the dark...
      And that if you tune your radio to 88.4 FM you can actually hear my thoughts...

All we know is, I'm called The Stig

Comment

filled out
        '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
        '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

Comment

Filled it out. I've worked for multiple road construction companies and the government is already cheaping out on so much. Perhaps they should focus on maintaining the roads we already have instead of planning all these potential upgrades. They low ball the companies who already have contracts for major highways. Quality people... Not quantity..

*end rant*
          CUTE CUTE

Comment

Took the survey, and damn those are some stupid suggestion they are pulling. Making a designated lane ? its a excuse to spend tax money and pocket left overs. RHD car posses a high risk on the road in alberta? HAHAHA I have seen countless of idiot this winter nose diving there car at the ditch. Its more like idiot driver posses high risk, quite frank cop are on our side on this as they see accident as driver to driver, but they get paid by government.

Comment

Please encourage everyone you know to take this survey.

The major push behind this initiative is Denis Ducharme, the head of the Motor Dealers Association of Alberta. A car dealer from Cold Lake, he argues that the right-hand-drive cars are 'dirtier and more dangerous' than their domestic counterparts. Ironic, considering he's raced the BullRun in both a Lambo and Corvette, neither of which could be considered 'green' by any stretch of the imagination. I also remember reading an article in which he stated that these imports were unfair competition for domestic brands. Sad. More so, is the fact is that his lobbying and self-serving misrepresentation may lead to a set a legal confines that run counter to the ones legislated nationally.

Please, take this survey. Encourage others to do the same. We've got to put a stop this misguided initiative before it's too late.
              Last edited by vonzilla; 12-07-2014, 04:46 AM.

Comment

There's a bunch of soccer moms on beyond that are voting to ban RHD. I say we all take the survey multiple times from different computers so IP's don't match and we don't get flagged as duplicate responses. Survey ends Jan 2 and is legit from what people on beyond are saying.
                BNR32, AE86, MX73(project for sale), RN130

Comment

Would something like hola(blocks where IP is coming from to allow things like US netflix/hulu), or a dynamic dns service like dyndns or noip help you with this since they mask your ip and have them come from somewhere else? If so hola is really easy to set up, the other 2 are $/month services but might be worth it if it saves the car scene out there.

Comment

This is crazy, but entirely understandable. It was really a matter of time before it came down to something like this.

I'd recommend any Albertans also mail their respective representatives voicing their displeasure with such a ban.
                    Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
                    hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

Took the survey... Will be taking it from work, home, and my cellphone if possible. This is just ridiculous!

It may block my response to the survey because I'm out-of-province... but hey, might as well give it a try.

Comment

Damn, wanted to help but too late. In case this happens again in the future, you can do the survey then release/renew your ip address: http://www.wikihow.com/Refresh-Your-...ndows-Computer

If I'm not mistaken you can redo the survey as many times as you want from the same computer, just release/renew your ip address every time you do so.

Comment

Yeah, I missed it too... Darn
                          1999 R34 GTT RB25DET Neo

Comment

Working...
                          X