Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Driftworks suspension arms. Who has them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driftworks suspension arms. Who has them?

Looking to discuss and bounce ideas with someone who is running this kit. I have some concerns about how it all went together so I'm trying to figure out what's going on.
    No build thread.
    1991 nissan
    El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

I've only had experience with the HICAS kit, but their FUCAS are the same as the AMS I had, which failed and I had to modify.

But feel free to fire away your questions, I'm curious to see what you want to figure out.
    1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

click here to jump to; chapter 1 - where it all began (http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-project-cars/35481-frankimans-street-track-gtr-project.html#post335455) chapter 2 - out with the old, in with the new (http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-project-cars/35481-frankimans-street-track-gtr-project.html#post335455) chapter 2,1 -

Comment

Just spent some time trying to get my rear lower control arms to fit. They're not specific to GTR, claims they're r32 gtst/s13/s14/s15/r33. Besides the point.
        The collets that I received with the arm did not press in in such a way that they fit. I had to shave nearly 1/8th inch off each spacer to get them to slide into the brackets. The rest of the arms seem to fit and seem as though they're quality. I'll find out eventually I"m sure. I chatted with some other people who said they were getting 6-8 months out of the arms and the rod ends would fail, figure I can order new ones off McMaster Carr if that is the case.

Comment

I have all the arms for the gtr and even when all the arms are retracted back to the limit, the rear brake lines are too short. enough that when the car is on the ground, the lines are so bent they are kinking. I have have N1 diff flanges but they shouldn't be longer than stock. Just curious if anyone else had this issue
          No build thread.
          1991 nissan
          El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

In theory the lower control arm and upper camber arm were made for s14 which is wider track, might be your issue? I haven't put my brake lines on but thanks for the heads up I guess I'll be looking at custom braided lines rather than a braided kit if this is actually the case.

Comment

I got the whole kit a few years ago which included FUCA RUCA all lower arms bushings(no arms) and HICAS eliminator. i got them installed at a buddy's shop and they didnt have any issues. quality stuff
              1992 Nissan Skyline GTS-T

Comment

There are mixed reviews about driftworks,i bought rear upper control arms for my GTR, should be here next week.I'll report back here,once installed.
                Skyline GTR R33

Comment

So, Rear Upper Arms received and installed ,some scratches on it when i opened the box,i dont think it's a big deal,installed just fine,everything fits where it should be. Will do alignment on Monday,will see how good they really are. I will update here later on....
                  Skyline GTR R33

Comment

Working...
                  X