Fuel Efficiency/Im Freakin Out!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Efficiency/Im Freakin Out!!!

Ok guys so far my gtr doesnt have any major problems, but there is one thing that is really killing it for me. I baught my gtr bone stock like most others do so usually they are in good condition and not beaten to ****. I have an aftermarket intercooler, Bils Springs, and silence exhaust. Everything else is completely stock down to the stock air intake box.

Iv noticed that my gtr, at 276 hp is guzzling gas. The last 3 fillups cost me approx 90-120$ each. the average kilometers i get per tank is around 300 kilometers. I barely rip it, and i usually keep the car below 3 thousand RPM. I always use 94 octane

Do you think a Tune up will help? or are these cars made to anally rape you in the butt with gas?

sounds reasonable at 300km maybe 400 - 475 pushing it, i'm at 250km per tank.

GTR + Fuel = Guzzeling

if you really want too try new O2 sensors im sure you will find some improvement.

Comment

figure out your mpg
      then search

you are throwing us numbers that are completely out to lunch.
      You would never be filling 72l for example but it would mean gas/l is costing you up to 1.66....

there is no comparison basis

Comment

Originally posted by hks_gtr View Post
        sounds reasonable at 300km maybe 400 - 475 pushing it, i'm at 250km per tank.

GTR + Fuel = Guzzeling

if you really want too try new O2 sensors im sure you will find some improvement.
        iv heard of gtrs @ 500 wheel do about 300 a tank

Comment

Originally posted by mcfly View Post
          figure out your mpg
          then search

you are throwing us numbers that are completely out to lunch.
          You would never be filling 72l for example but it would mean gas/l is costing you up to 1.66....

there is no comparison basis
          whats the mathematical formula to calculate mpg? hehehe

Comment

I get 400 km's in the city and 515 km's on the highway...( rev's under 3000 ). Have you replaced your O2 sensors......there are about $75 each.
            Full-Race sponsored GTR. Anything else is half fast!

Full-Race.com

Comment

Originally posted by GTR--J View Post
              I get 400 km's in the city and 515 km's on the highway...( rev's under 3000 ). Have you replaced your O2 sensors......there are about $75 each.
              nope not yet, people are telling me i should get a tune up tho. Im 2 ignorant i dont know what that involves.

Comment

Originally posted by Gza36chambers View Post
                whats the mathematical formula to calculate mpg? hehehe

Comment

thanks

Comment

i have full exhaust, cold air, mines ecu and boost restricter removed and no matter how i drive it i get 400km to the fuel light
                    -Ryan
                    ryan@VEXperformance.com
                    Toll Free: 1.855.VEX.PERF Local: 403.243.1111

Authorized Canadian Dealer / Distributor / Tuner for:
                    Haltech Engine management Systems
                    OS Giken
                    TiAL Sport
                    Garrett Turbochargers
                    Tomei
                    Motul
                    Nismo
                    Rally Armor
                    COBB

Comment

You could check the air filter, dirty air filter means more gas consumption. A tune up could help improve effiency. But, 300km at a tank in the city is quite reasonable in a gtr. Of course, it depends when you drive, what rpm's do you usually cruise on. Higher rpm=more gas

Comment

Originally posted by Nismo BKK View Post
                        You could check the air filter, dirty air filter means more gas consumption. A tune up could help improve effiency. But, 300km at a tank in the city is quite reasonable in a gtr. Of course, it depends when you drive, what rpm's do you usually cruise on. Higher rpm=more gas
                        lately iv been keeping it under 3k all the time, occasional rippage, but not that much

Comment

Check your O2 sensors... Mine was geting **** gas mileage too, but when I pulled my rear turbo O2 sensor it was completely smashed up =\ Go figure.

Comment

Uh, who buys a GTR for gas milage? That's like buying a corvette for daily commuting lol. If you keep your car as a weekend warrior and just use your primary car as the commuter it's much better. If you don't have a primary car, I have a 2005 corolla S for sale, 38,421KM immaculate condition, only change is the stereo the wife wants a stupid truck now. Anyways the best solution to your problem is to drive it less lol. I bus to work so I don't spend $200/week on commuting.
                            No build thread.
                            1991 nissan
                            El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

I don't track my mileage. I can see the raw fuel coming out of the tail pipe when I'm on it. I don't wan't to know my mileage. That, and I usually keep it over 1/2 tank, down to 1/4 tank is pushing it for me...
                              1998 Stagea AutechVersion 260RS
                              1991 GTi-R "Angry White Ghost" - FOR SALE

Comment

Working...
                              X