AAC Valve Adjustment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAC Valve Adjustment.

I read in another thread the procedure for adjusting the valve, im just wondering how much it should be turned to make a change in idle speed, my idle is sitting at 1200-1300 rpm right now. in the engine section of the shop manual it says something about setting a dial on the ECCS control or something. Its on page EN20 or right around there. Where is this ECCS dial located?

its a knob on the ECU, looks like the top of a flat head screw.. ECU is located in the front left, foot-well behind the plastic trim panel.. (just infront of passenger door...)

Comment

ok, yah i know where the ECU is just never seen the set screw. What is is that i have to do with the ECCS in order to adjust the idle etc.? I did as was posted somewhere on here..

set the ignition to On (run)
      unplug AAC
      start engine
      Adjust AAC
      Plug back in AAC

Is this correct or is there other ways to set the idle? sometimes the manual is hard to follow.

Comment

Yeah that manual is hard to understand sometimes.

If I remember the screw is on the left of the engine near the intake/ almost under it. You just need to turn it a bit (not much). And make sure your engine is hot before adjusting it.
        R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

ok, yah i was turning the right one. but i think i might have turned it out a bit too much then. is it a good idea to go all the way in and then back it out from there, to the desired idle, is there any other idle adjustment, or is this the only one and it it doesnt work then the problem is probbly somewhere else, like a vacuum leak or something..

when my PCV was blocked off the idle was around 800-900rpm, now that its all hooked up it raised up to 1800rpm, is there maybe too much air getting through the PCV, how much does it need?:drive:

I also wanted to know if it is bad to have the PCV blocked off or to have too much air flow through the PCV, this is off topic but i dont want to start another thread. Thanks guys

Comment

In my car I plugged the pcv and just have the left side engine breather going out the back of the car.

As for the adjustment on the ECU it adjusts at most 250 rpms, so right now I'd say you're pretty far out from where it should be, check your timing.

Comment

yeah i got it undercontrol now.. found a small vacuum leak

Comment

Working...
              X