Rebuilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilt

Well, i'm doing a rebuilt soon and i would like to know where do you get your stuff...i went on ebay but i would like to know if there is any other place than ebay to buy pistons,conrods,bearings,etc.

i'm not looking to spend for Hks and all thoses nippons brand..

in all honesty quite the lot of us use our favourite sponsors ie: daryl from tunerlab, and adam from feast. top notch service, never an issue, always a good price. i know a few of us, myself included have also used rhdjapan... good prices takes some time occasionally. nengun is also not a bad site. i have personally never had any problems with them but some have complained of extended wait times. Other than that Jrp in missisauga is really good for in stock items like turbos (hks etc) and some of the more mainstream brands. To be honest im banking on the economy fixing (somewhat) in the coming months and the dollar returning to some sense of normalcy. With the yen outweighing the dollar 3200 dollar turbos are now 4200. so for the sake of getting something quickly i would maybe wait and see. but if your project is a winter one, then there are your options. Bonne Chance

Trevor

Comment

yeah it is a bad winter for builds because of the weak dollar, I used RHDjapan.com for alot of my bigger stuff. Some of it arrived in the same week and others took a few just depending. Adam at feast hooked my up with alot of misc. pieces and is very good to deal with. I got my pistons and rods out of the states, through ebay. and the turbos off ebay from a company in vancouver, Exotic speed i believe.

Comment

i found jps trading on ebay to have good prices with fast shipping and good service!
        I Love The HKS GTRS SHUFFLE

Comment

and i beleive americans pistons are also a good built for daily driver...i mean i will surely order from nismoparts.com for my N1crank,N1 waterpump,N1 oil pump

but can N1 oil pump keep up at 8000rpm? i mean im not pushing my car all the time... or i should really go with a 1k oil pump

and will this setup handle aftermarket turbos?

Comment

tomei oil pump is nice. ive seen ppl dump 1200 on an oil pump and roast it anyway, it all depends. i forgot about jps on ebay, seen them around but never bought from them. good to see someone has positive experience from them.

Trevor

Comment

You need to do more research before buying stuff. "N1 crank"?

AFAIK, there is no different part number for a crankshaft out of an N1 engine.
              1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
              It'll run someday

Comment

Make friends with JD74. NOBODY wrings more out of his parts dollar and get's (mostly) decent quality.

Dan
                sigpic
                The Beaumont Connection

Comment

Originally posted by victoriaGTR View Post
                  i found jps trading on ebay to have good prices with fast shipping and good service!
                  Really? I found a lot of their stuff to be terribly overpriced. I've seen them selling some used rusty turbo kits for the price of new ones.

Ebay parts are perfectly safe as long as you stick to the trusted brands. Tomei on ebay is the same Tomei anywhere else is gonna sell you.

If you are looking for forged internals on a budget a lot of people seem to go with Eagle rods and cp pistons, but thats a whole other debate.

Comment

so an N1 crank is the same thing as an stock crank?!? how come nismoparts.com is listing it as N1 crank...

I guess that i should buy the N1 crank instead of reusing my old r32 crank since the issue with old r32crank is fixed with the N1

i am mainly looking for a cheap but reliable rebuilt that can keep up a 450-500HP

im thinking about the CP pistons\Eagle rods, acl race bearings,arp studs but, N1 waterpump but for the rest im not conviced about the oil pump and crank should i put more money on those parts since there are frequent issues happening with these last ones

Comment

The oil system is #1 priority here. Spun bearings and shattered pump are common and I wouldn't build up a motor without a beefy oil system. Granted all oil pumps have broke but the OEM/N1 shatter and happen more often. Ask felix.. his N1 didn't even last through break-in

Crank collar fix, Well balanced bottom end, ATI damper, Drain back in the head, oil restrictor, a nice pump, and maybe even Tomei baffles in the pan @ a minimum. A bigger oil pan would be a good idea too

Comment

I think an N1 oil pump is fine for your goals.

Sure, people have shattered them, but people have also broken tomei, jun, greddy, nismo, etc, oil pumps due to whatever circumstances.

FYI, PTD (Karl) who sells oil drive collars and breather adaptors on here is developing an oil pump which should be better quality than tomei at a cheaper price. Maybe hold off on the oil pump/collar untill he tells more
                        1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
                        It'll run someday

Comment

sounds to me like you have a lot of research to do.

Instead of sitting here waiting for us to answer all your questions, I would suggest reading up on gtruk and skylinesaustralia.com

N1 water and oil pump are perfectly fine. The main reason they go is because of unbalanced blocks. If you build your engine properly and have it balanced, and buy yourself an ATI damper,you will be fine.

go read... there is lots to learn.

TROL

Comment

Working...
                          X