GT2540 & GT2860-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT2540 & GT2860-5

Just curious if the pressure side of the turbo is the same on these models like the mount point or bolt holes etc...

Thanks

Curt

You're not changing turbos already are you?
    Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
    Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
    Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
    Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
    White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
    lol

Comment

god no getting some custom piping from danceofcurse and some hks pieces for either side of the intercooler and his custom piece looks like it uses the stock rear piece off the rear turbo and a similar piece for the front turbo all angles and bolt holes look like they line up but i wanted to make damn sure that they are the same.

link to pictures of the custom pipe
      anyone has pictures of an r32 GTR with advan RS on them.. preferably with 18x9 + 29 with the GTR concave face?:D

Comment

Same as stock, it'll work.
        1990 Skyline GT-R - Jet Silver Metallic
        It'll run someday

Comment

Ok, just checking lol. I was thinking of going with HKS intercooler and hard pipe kit but I don't know yet. I have the 2860r-5s but won't need the soft piping.
          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

great turbo's good choice i have the hks type-r intercooler i dont know the measurements but a lot of trimming to get it to fit to tell you the truth i would get all the hardpipe bits first then go for the intercooler after and turn up the boost (what you running now?) cause im blowing hoses into pieces it sucks and the stock intercooler is good for you yet anyways right. Why wont you need the soft piping?

Comment

I'm keeping the stock intercooler, I want response not top end. As for hard pipe, I don't need to blow pipes off so going hardpipe, couplings and T-bolt clamps. Running .8 or 1 bar till the internals blow then installing cosworth/carillo rods and r34 crank with tomei 264 cams. 1.2-1.5 bar then.
              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Nice... sounds like a good build to me. You wont blow off stock pipes at that pressure anyways... especially with t-bolt clamps, i was breaking hoses cause i used t-bolt clamps on them and they couldnt handle the boost pressure after 18 years lol...

Comment

Working...
                X