kinda pointless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kinda pointless

ever wonder why GTR's intake manifolds have chipped paint all the time?...i have and im yet to find an answer
    life is tough...wear a helmet

I remember hearing that it's due to excessive intake air temps. Good way to tell if the cars been bagged... of course that's just hearsay.

Mines not chipped at all, and I know my car was tracked hard before it came to Canada.
    1991 Black GTR

Comment

it's just cheap paint so it falls off

Comment

mines not chipped or faded at all either, mind you my car was 100% stock garage queen.
        The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

yeah all the rumours about chipped paint meaning its been bagged on are BS. The paint cant take years of high under hood temps. simple as that. RB's run hot.

Comment

Cheap paint. Look at supras, twin turbo, just as hot, not painted, no chips. Durr.
            Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
            Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
            Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
            Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
            Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
            White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
            lol

Comment

I don't know what the truth is but all the GTRs I've looked at that had no paint left on the manifold where beaten to ****. I've also seen cars that have perfect paint that were also beaten though. Its just shows that there may have been neglect by the previous owner. If I had a car with paint chipping off the manifold I would of fixed it but I also fix things that most people would let go.

Comment

I got my intake powder coated. It's expensive but is heat and chip resistant.
                Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                lol

Comment

Its pretty common in these old cars to have some form of chipped paint due to heat and boosting. If the plenum is clean, it could indicate it was rarely driven hard+low mileage or its been recently repainted. That being said, the R34 intake plenum isnt painted....

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                    I got my intake powder coated. It's expensive but is heat and chip resistant.
                    powder coat is not chip resistant

Comment

tools being dropped on it?

Heat doesn't just flake away paint haha. You see this on valve covers all the time.

Comment

It can be many things. Moisture, heat, age can all be a factor.
                        The one on my R32 was in pretty good shape until I pressure washed my engine bay. Then it chipped a lot.

My cars:
                        1996 BCNR33 GT-R
                        1992 FD3S RX-7 Type-S

Comment

Working...
                        X