Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steel wheel upgrade.Has anybody tried these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steel wheel upgrade.Has anybody tried these?

Has anybody used this kit or heard of it?

If the quality is good then this is a hell of a deal!

Applications include:

SKYLINE GTR R32 (RB26DETT)
    SKYLINE GTR R33 (RB26DETT)
    Most complete upgrade kit. Contents:

High Tensile STEEL Turbine Wheels (2)

Journal Bearings (4)
    Retaining Circlips for Journal Bearings (6)
    Piston Ring for Turbine Shaft (2)
    Thrust Bearing (2)
    Piston Ring for Thrust Bearing (2)
    Thrust Collar (2)
    Bolts for Thrust Collar (6)
    Dynamic Seal Plate (2)
    O-Ring for Seal Plate (2)
    Retaining Circlip for Seal Plate (2)
    Compressor wheel nut (2)
    Compressor housing plate gasket (2)

O-Ring for Compressor Housing (2)
    Stainless Steel Bolts for Turbine Housing (8)
    Exhaust housing clamps (4)

FREE Bonus Items (as pictured):

Heat shield (2)

Manifold gasket (2)

Oil return gasket (2)

Upgrade your ceramic GTR turbos to steel wheeled monsters with this kit. Big HP potential for minimal cost. Detailed step-by-step "Do It Yourself" instructions available on buyer's request.
    My car keeps on stealing my money .

I haven't heard of that kit before but for the price you can't go wrong.

Comment

Wow, I was looking for some steel wheel kits for the stock turbo's. Even if they end up not working, Who really cares. I can deal with the minimal price tag.

Thanks for finding this! I'm stoked. I will report back once i get them i suppose.
      “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Yea its only about 300$ + the shipping can't go wrong.Lt us know if you end up getting it and how it goes!

Comment

since it's ebay.aus. You should take a look at skylinesaustralia
          Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

Originally posted by cobrAA View Post
            since it's ebay.aus. You should take a look at skylinesaustralia
            I don't need these i'm running a single now,I'm jsut trying to help out other members with what could be a cheap upgrade to the stock ceramic wheels.

Comment

Need a turbo shop to install, balance turbo. Otherwise it won't last very long.
              RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

That looks pretty awesome, if anyone gets when let me know how they are!

Comment

It says Garrett on it so it's legit Do it!!!!
                  Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                  Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                  Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                  Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                  Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                  White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                  lol

Comment

Ooohh.....really tempted. I was hearing random numbers thrown around about how it would be $1000 to rebuild the stock turbos with steel wheels....then again, since you need a turbo shop to balance it, could still end up being that much depending on how much they charge.

Kit sounds like most/all of a rebuild...could someone confirm? My rear turbo is leaking a bit of oil and I will need to rebuild them soon. I'm guessing the seal plate and o-rings would solve my leak issue?

Edit: "free included stuff" is oil return gaskets, that could also fix my problem (I'm not actually sure where the leak is, Rollie just pointed it out to me when the car was on his hoist).
                    BlackAura (Kevin)
                    1995 ZX600C8 Kawasaki Ninja 600R - FOR SALE - See Marketplace
                    2003 Wrangler Jeep TJ Rubicon
                    1991 BNR32 Nissan Skyline GT-R - Sold

Comment

4.5 hours labour at a turbo shop to rebuild for each turbo.

Comment

Called a place that was recommended on some other forums (I just searched "Alberta Turbo Rebuild" and got some snowmobiling site).

Alamo Industries Inc. They would be good because they're in Calgary and I could just drive them over there after work one day.

They said they'd charge approximately $490 per turbo if I purchase the rebuild kit and sent it in with the turbos, so final price, including the kit, would be something like $1300 - $1400. This would include the actual rebuild, as well as the balance, but if any extra machining / parts were required they would provide an estimate for the additional parts and labour.

Might be better off buying a Garrett setup. :/

(This cost fits with the 4.5 hours per turbo that you said, Nismo-152, I figured it would be something like $100/hr labour...that's roughly what the motorcycle shop was charging when I brought my bike in...thankfully the guy that hit my motorcycle paid for all of it)
                        BlackAura (Kevin)

Comment

I guess it's not worth it then.

Comment

Yeah, I looked at HKS and Garrett, and am now looking into a 2860R-5 setup, when I realized the Garrett setup was the same cost as a single HKS turbo
                            BlackAura (Kevin)

Comment

And it's basicly the same turbo with an hks stamp on it..

Comment

Working...
                              X