Easy money for your help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy money for your help!

Problem is I'm hearing this howlingish kinda sound coming from the middle of my car or maybe the passenger side of the car. I've done all the bearings all 4 corners and the front end driveshafts and i'm stuck w/ either the diff,center shaft, tranny or tires. I'm hoping its the tires. If anyone wants to lend me their wheels for a drive around the block i'm more than happy to compensate for your troubles. Let me know. I work at a shop so i have all the tools needed.

put your wheels on a balancing machine, you'll know quick enough if they are unbalanced
    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

ya i did that a week before the sound got worse. It was worn on the inner a bit more than usual. But today I checked it and it seemed like it was uneven wear all around the tire. But I remember before when i had a srt4 and I bought crap tires which were kuhmo ecsta 712's and they bulged after 8 months of driving but it didn't make that harsh of sounds..I guess I should just get new tires. Anyone can recommend good tires that won't clean out my pockets?

Comment

Falken FK-452
        sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

agreed. the 452 are great bang for buck

Comment

I need to get my alignment done - I'll trade ya if you want to use my tires.

Comment

Lol, nice try. I'd have enough to buy 1 new tire already . Last time I went to get my alignment most of my adjustable suspension was locked in place and it costed me almost 3 bills just to free it up and get it properly aligned, hopefully u have better luck than me.I kno a place that does really good work and he charges 100 for an awd alignment if everythings in working order.. Let me kno if u need his number.

Comment

push the clutch in, if the noise goes away, its your transmision input shaft bering, or mid shaft bearing. best of luck
                Owning a turboed car is a great way to prevent your jackstands from getting stolen

Comment

Working...
                X