Cam gear cover removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam gear cover removal

Ok so im trying to remove my cam gear cover so i can paint it but after removing all the bolts it still isn't coming off, do i have to dissassemble the whole engine to take the thing off or what.

Are you sure you have all the bolts out? It will have to be slightly manipulated to get it out from behind the water pump pulley. Otherwise it's very easy to get out.

Comment

There may be another bolt but I don't see any so perhaps it's underneath but it doesn't even budge and after like 12 bolts I thought that was all

Comment

theres the 3 bolt for the CAS, then i think theres 5 for the cover itself (2 long, 3 short)
        sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

for me, it was a b*tch to remove.
          Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

I DEFINITELY have removed more then 5 bolts...Plus my cover has a bottom piece that sits behind the belts....Am i the only one here?

Comment

Take off CAS, Move that water line, remove the allen key cap screws, i think there is 5. It slides off complete with nothing else removed. took me ten minutes?
              Last edited by Bugsly17; 07-21-2010, 11:10 PM.
              GTRC-OG

Comment

Originally posted by Bugsly17 View Post
                Take off CAS, Move that water line, remove the allen key cap screws, i think there is 5. It slides off complete with nothing else removed. took me ten minutes?
                Call me a noob...but what the hell is the CAS?

Comment

cam angle sensor

N8er

F*** Salt!

Comment

Oh that stupid thing is the CAS hahahahaha. my bad..Thanks for the help nate

*edit*
                    Does that thing just twist off or what? cause i have no screws holding it on and its sitting there haha

Comment

Originally posted by -Skyline-GTR- View Post
                      Oh that stupid thing is the CAS hahahahaha. my bad..Thanks for the help nate

*edit*
                      Does that thing just twist off or what? cause i have no screws holding it on and its sitting there haha
                      LMAO...Yes your suppose to have the screws holding the CAS. Thos determine the angle. There should be 3 on the outsides, and then after the bolts you just pull it straight out. And when you put the cover back on make sure you put the bottom in behind the water pump pulley.
                      Last edited by bellis_GTR; 07-22-2010, 03:22 AM.
                      Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

WOW! You guys that don't have much experience I really appreciate your ambition to dig in to these cars but for the love of god down load a manual and do some reading before taking stuff apart. It'll save you a ton of time and grief.

Comment

Originally posted by bellis_GTR View Post
                          LMAO...Yes your suppose to have the screws holding the CAS. Thos determine the angle. There should be 3 on the outsides, and then after the bolts you just pull it straight out. And when you put the cover back on make sure you put the bottom in behind the water pump pulley.
                          I know your supposed to. Im saying mine isn't holding onto anything because i took the screws out. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
                            WOW! You guys that don't have much experience I really appreciate your ambition to dig in to these cars but for the love of god down load a manual and do some reading before taking stuff apart. It'll save you a ton of time and grief.
                            This was the only part i was having trouble with.

Comment

Ok so I've removed 3 decent sized bolts from the cas. As well as like 5 bigger ones from the cover itself. But the cas isn't pulling off. Am I missing. More or is the gasket just making it a pain in the ass

Comment

Working...
                              X