Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GTR Tuning . Power F/C

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GTR Tuning . Power F/C

    I was just curious if anybody can recommend a shop to tune my GTR. I am running 2860 turbos,750cc injectors,power intake,headers/dumps, you get the idea.

    I am a mechanic but I am at the tuning stage of the build. Now that Z-Tune is gone I was wondering what is closest for me (maple ridge)

    A guy I work with suggested Kinetic. But I thought they were Audi/Vw?

    Like a shop that knows the RB


    thanx

  • #2
    get a datalogit and tune it your self... its pretty easy to use. Im a mechanic and it took me three days and i go my tune down....saves paying for a dyno tune and you can download some tunes that have the exact setup up if not close and then you can alter the tune.



    just my 2 cents.
    '91 skyline gtst

    Comment


    • #3
      racing greed in coquitlam, mark is a great tuner
      Trust T618Z,Carrillo Rods,CP Pistons,Tomei 280 10.8 lift ProCams, Tomei Spec C Springs, N1 Block, ARP, ATI, ATL, Bosch 044,Sard 800cc,PFC,Z32 etc.......

      Comment


      • #4
        RG were the folks that got me vehicle through aircare after 24 times... yeah !!!!!

        I have a Apexii ECU L-jetro

        I don't think RG have the HW and stuff to do the tuning.(datalogit stuff).. ,, if not Jurie of past-Ztunes is probably your best bet

        personally I have all the HW and software to do the tuning ... ,, datalogit SW and Copilot (pretty cool stuff)

        I have been mucking around for a few weeks with it,,, not really touching the fuel ,, as I don't have a wideband,,, just mucking with the ignition timing to reduce knocks...

        I would never say that I was an expert, be would be willing to take a look at your current mappings, and make some suggestions....
        Last edited by kengeroo; 08-17-2010, 09:30 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanx for the replies.... I have a wideband a/f and I am also running a water/meth system. It's now just at the point to get the car to it's potential.

          Comment


          • #6
            Just remember, nothing beats a proper tune, even if you're doing it in your back yard or using someone else's tune. You never know what parts are different like them not telling you something or them not knowing. What money you save not tuning it properly might be ok but that cash will be spent repairing (and MUCH more) if you F-up. If you can't afford a proper tune, don't go looking for lots of power, that's just wrong. 2cents

            you're gonna make 400hp atleast so do it right or take the risk. I trust professionals to take care of tuning so I don't have to worry when I push my car, then again, I got more invested so that's why I'm very strict about this. Your mild upgrades should be ok I guess, don't quote that.
            Last edited by NismoS-tune; 08-13-2010, 10:45 PM.
            Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
            Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
            Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
            Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
            Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
            White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

            Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

            start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
            lol

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
              Just remember, nothing beats a proper tune, even if you're doing it in your back yard or using someone else's tune. You never know what parts are different like them not telling you something or them not knowing. What money you save not tuning it properly might be ok but that cash will be spent repairing (and MUCH more) if you F-up. If you can't afford a proper tune, don't go looking for lots of power, that's just wrong. 2cents

              you're gonna make 400hp atleast so do it right or take the risk. I trust professionals to take care of tuning so I don't have to worry when I push my car, then again, I got more invested so that's why I'm very strict about this. Your mild upgrades should be ok I guess, don't quote that.
              I know man. I am not new to building engines. Don't need the caution-I know what can happen.Got alot invested in this and am NOT cheaping out?



              Sooooo, like i said -thanx for replies regarding tuning shop in Maple Ridge area.-GVRD.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by maximus140 View Post
                I was just curious if anybody can recommend a shop to tune my GTR. I am running 2860 turbos,750cc injectors,power intake,headers/dumps, you get the idea.

                I am a mechanic but I am at the tuning stage of the build. Now that Z-Tune is gone I was wondering what is closest for me (maple ridge)

                A guy I work with suggested Kinetic. But I thought they were Audi/Vw?

                Like a shop that knows the RB


                thanx
                where did you get yours from? right from fc-datalogit or somewhere in NA?
                1991 Nissan Skyline GTR (main)
                2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4 door (baby wagon)

                Comment


                • #9
                  I get all my work done at http://www.forcefedracing.ca/ there located in abbotsford
                  ForceFed Performance
                  Unit 202
                  30701 Simpson Rd.
                  Abbotsford, British Columbia

                  shop specializes on rx-7s but they def know what there doing on skylines Marko Stilinovic is the owner but Ian is the skyline guy

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I got my FC from Kuruma Motoring in california

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I don't know ,,, everytime I run this software,,, I get a boner..










                      Last edited by kengeroo; 08-17-2010, 09:10 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Sexy! I ordered the datalogit

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          from where? how much?
                          1991 Nissan Skyline GTR (main)
                          2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4 door (baby wagon)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Smilez View Post
                            from where? how much?



                            I bought it from ebay.....maybe a better deal elsewhere?

                            anyhoo--

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              http://rx7.com/store/rx7/fdecu.html

                              little cheaper.
                              1991 Nissan Skyline GTR (main)
                              2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4 door (baby wagon)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X