interior improvement IDEAS NEEDED R32 GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interior improvement IDEAS NEEDED R32 GTR

Hi, I feel the oem r32 GTR interior looks a little out of date, especially the cluster,
    is there anything I can do to make it look better, suggestions with pics would be appreciated.

by the way, I like the R34 cluster with that "metal looking plate" on it, can I get that for the R32 cluster?

Thanks

I pretty much ordered the whole superior auto interior and it made a huge difference interior wise.
    スーペリア公式サイト 「スーペリア SUPERIOR」 「シーバイスーペリア CX SUPERIOR」シートカバーなどスポーツカーからミニバン・ワゴン・SUV・Kカーまでインテリア・エクステリアパーツのクリエイティブメーカーです。スーペリアオートクリエイティブ SUPERIOR Official Site

Ordered it through Takeda and did it all myself. Took bout 2-3 hrs for seats front/back,shifter & e-brake, and dash mat and door panels

Comment

Do you mean this piece?

Fujimura Auto makes one.

If you want, you can follow in the steps of this guy and replace the dash with a Z33 dash, much more modern.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ 1990 BNR32

Comment

LED interior lights, Nismo 320 cluster with White or Blue LEDs, Nismo shift knob carbon fiber(look) or leather shift boot, Double din head unit. All of those are on my list I would also want the silver faceplate on the cluster.
        Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Originally posted by Micho View Post
          Do you mean this piece?

Fujimura Auto makes one.

If you want, you can follow in the steps of this guy and replace the dash with a Z33 dash, much more modern.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/139637-r3...stall-log.html
          Thanks, yes, that is the cluster with the plate I want, where can I buy it?

Comment

Originally posted by blkgtr02 View Post
            I pretty much ordered the whole superior auto interior and it made a huge difference interior wise.
            スーペリア公式サイト 「スーペリア SUPERIOR」 「シーバイスーペリア CX SUPERIOR」シートカバーなどスポーツカーからミニバン・ワゴン・SUV・Kカーまでインテリア・エクステリアパーツのクリエイティブメーカーです。スーペリアオートクリエイティブ SUPERIOR Official Site

Ordered it through Takeda and did it all myself. Took bout 2-3 hrs for seats front/back,shifter & e-brake, and dash mat and door panels
            Got any pics of how it looks now?

Comment

Originally posted by tc264 View Post
              Thanks, yes, that is the cluster with the plate I want, where can I buy it?
              I believe Daryl at Tunerlab carries Fujimura Auto stuff, give him a pm.
              (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ 1990 BNR32

Comment

If you do get a panel like this. I had a similar one in one of my cars before
                (in brush aluminium) and it does reflect the sun pretty strongly.
                I would suggest putting a coat of tint on it so it doesn't reflect has much.

I literally wanted to trow the cluster out a couple of time, on long trips.

Just wanted to let you know, my experience with this little blinding mirror. lol
                I would personally never, ever put this in any of my cars.

J-F
                14 VW Jetta TDI
                05 Sentra SpecV - winter beater -
                95 240sx (RB25DET powered)
                95 240sx ( powered)
                89 GTR - Money Pit -

Comment

Originally posted by collector240sx View Post
                  If you do get a panel like this. I had a similar one in one of my cars before
                  (in brush aluminium) and it does reflect the sun pretty strongly.
                  I would suggest putting a coat of tint on it so it doesn't reflect has much.

I literally wanted to trow the cluster out a couple of time, on long trips.

Just wanted to let you know, my experience with this little blinding mirror. lol
                  I would personally never, ever put this in any of my cars.

J-F
                  wow, thanks for the advise. never thought about being to shiny

Comment

Originally posted by Micho View Post
                    Do you mean this piece?

Fujimura Auto makes one.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/139637-r3...stall-log.html
                    That's me. I haven't posted any updates in a while because I'm waiting on my gauges to arrive, and waiting on my friend to finish my carbon overlay dash pieces.

I wouldn't expect many people to take the route I'm taking, because it's really a fair amount of custom work. Fitting the dash isn't really that difficult, it's a damn near perfect fit with a little bit of trimming, and making new mounting tabs isn't difficult either. Where the difficulty comes in is with all the rest of the stuff. You will need to either create a mold for your stock gauge cluster, or use custom gauges like I am doing. You will also have to cut and reshape your door panels or what I'm doing is hunting down some FRP door panels and using those as a base of modification. If you want to use the Z center console you have to modify it since the ebrake is on the opposite side. Also all new HVAC plumbing needs to be fabricated, you have to change to a R33 style speed sensor as well.

I think for the person who doesn't want to go as far as I am with it, the suggestion about Superior's interior pieces, some nice updated seats (R34, nice Recaros, etc, etc,), a little carbon here and there, and a little leather, I think is a much more simple plan.

Watch my build thread here for updates, as my interior is the current project in progress and should at least partially done (dash fully installed) within a few weeks.
                    Last edited by bnr32jason; 09-10-2010, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X