Simple 0-60 question, but hard to find answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple 0-60 question, but hard to find answer

Hey guys and gals, I got my GTR a few months ago and all thats done is M's intake and Kakimoto exhaust/Greddy trust down pipe, so pretty much just breather mods. My question is what is the HP and 0-60 times of a COMPLETELY stock off the lot GTR is and whats the HP and 0-60 time of a GTR with ONLY the restrictor pill out, nothing else.

Thx everyone

4.9-5.4 according to most publications. It also depends on the driver and keep in mind it's an old car now, so things deteriorate and ponies slip out the barn.
    03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

Slower than an STI or EVO X
      Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
      Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
      Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
      Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
      White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
      lol

Comment

Stock with the restrictor in I did a 13.2sec 1/4mile at 106mph. It was stock minus a HKS panel air filter and a Kakimoto cat-back exhaust. It was also a hot day around 32degreesC outside. Wtth the restirictor out I'm sure it would do sub-13seconds which is around 4.6seconds 0-60mph.
        Last edited by mitch32; 09-26-2010, 11:50 PM.

Comment

The gtr is a great and cheap car to get to the 450whp, well even 500whp. after that, be ready to have deep pockets
          Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

Even at that 450whp on a motor that is 20years old, is alot. The bearings, oil passages, oil jets, cooling channels, cam clearances, oil pump (rb26 notorious problem), etc... are all not in the shape they once were.

For you GTRSOAR, you can just do the maintenance, take the restrictor pill out, run 94 octane, and your car will be pretty fast and reliable. Good upgrades are full exhaust, intakes, and a tune. With that you can do 350whp.

Comment

350 at the wheels with minor mods is very optimistic.
              03 Infiniti G35 Coupe 5AT "Valerie"

Comment

Originally posted by QuietChaos View Post
                I made 337 with intake/exhaust when I first got my car. And I only had 91 in there so I was getting some knock right at peak powerband. 350 very reasonable to me.

Comment

The best thing to do is find the cheaper dyno so it can read higher
                  Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                  Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                  Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                  Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                  Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                  White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                  lol

Comment

Originally posted by QuietChaos View Post

not really?

I had mainly minor mods and made more than 400whp (just going by 1/4 mile times). But I made 331WHP at 0.7 bar, just intake/exhaust on my motor.
                    1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                    2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                    2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Well my goal for this project car is 500 Crank HP, I only bought it 2 months so im still planning but will start the project in 2011. Simple plans are so far are as follow. The car only Kakimoto exahust, Greddy trust downpipes and M intakes.

Super Sparks
                      Mishimoto Catch can and electric fans
                      New turbos (1.2 bar, prob Garret 2860s but im still weighing options)
                      FCON, obviously
                      Dual widebands and A/F guage (Prob AEM)
                      Maybe hard piping kit too

What do you guys think? I know cars pretty well but this is my first 'proper' project car and im new to tuning to this level. Wanting to make sure I do everything properly for ill be representing Classified Motorsports

Comment

Again, im new to tuning to this level, so no flames

Comment

I used a G-Teck on a 92 GTR no restrictor, HKS pods, HKS JASMA exhaust, OSG twin disk, Splitfire coils.
                          500' above sea level and 14 degrees. 5000 RPM launch yielded 0-60 in 4.51 seconds.

Comment

Mine with some weight reduction, about 400 horsepower, sticky tires and a sticky, prepared surface did 0-60 in 2.7 seconds.
                            1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                            2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                            2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

I respectfully doubt that :P A 4WD drive car with 400HP cant meet hyper car accel like that... Maybe 3.7?

Comment

Working...
                              X