No announcement yet.

Where to spend my money...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTR are heavy for autocross. Got a buddy selling a gtir if you want a quick autocross car lol
    No build thread.
    1991 nissan
    El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

revs slowly you say...well then its time for MO POWA!
      oh hai!

Comment

Originally posted by kengeroo View Post
        but more so to be more like Paul walker

LOL !

Thanks for the tips kengeroo

Comment

Lightweight flywheel will help with slow rev. Had one in my rb240 and got one in my gtr and they both rev like a crotch rocket.

Comment

+1.......
            oh hai!

Comment

buy a nice twinplate which will come with a light flywheel. Sorta covers future power upgrades and your need now for faster engine rev's

Comment

Originally posted by Bruizer View Post
                GTR are heavy for autocross. Got a buddy selling a gtir if you want a quick autocross car lol
                A little off topic but This is exactly what my plan was before I was told I cant get RHD insurance as a 17 year old... at our local autocross in Ottawa there are three regulars who consistently beat up on the wrxs and sti's. If Autocross is the path youre going down the Gti-r is a great choice
                I drive a Honda...

Comment

Wow I'm in the exact same situation. Just bought a r33 GTR and not 100% sure what order to upgrade in. I'm just waiting for my intake and test pipe to finish off my stage 1 mods but I'm also trying to decide what to do about slow revving, reliability mods and tuning. I've heard Reg at RCTS can tune the stock ecu (with a piggyback) but I haven't been down there to confirm that yet. Definitely an option although an aftermarket ecu would be better in some regards..
                  I've been hoping to get out to race city or autocross a couple times this summer but I also don't want to wreck my car by tracking it without reliability mods like oil cooler and pan baffle..

Interesting info in this thread and I'd like to see what direction you end up going with your car.

Also do you have BBS wheels? I think I saw your car last week. I parked mine beside it and took some pictures

Comment

1) Maintenance (like everyone as been saying) (Stock ~280-300hp)
                    2) Oil cooler
                    3) Drop-in filter, downpipe and exhaust ~320hp
                    4) Sport brake pads, ss hose, high temp. fluid
                    5) Boost controller (boost up) and ecu tune ~360hp
                    6) NISMO suspension link bushings and Sport shocks
                    7) Cams, cam pulleys (tuned), re-tune ecu ~410hp
                    8) Radiator, sports cat, Clutch (if going bad) and LSD
                    9) N1 or GT-SS turbo, NISMO airflow meters, fuel pump, injectors, headgasket and ecu re-tune ~500hp
                    10) Clutch (if didn’t replace earlier…)
                    11) Blown transmission – rebuild with close ratio gear set.

Clever people stop here. They start talking about driving technique and suspension settings or maybe brake bias.

12) Others try something crazy they heard makes power and blow their engine – rebuild engine with N1 block, 2.8 liter stroker, headwork including +10mm lift cams, all oil modifications. – sell N1 or GT-SS turbo to a friend – replace with GT2530KAI or GT-RS. aim for 700hp but end up with ~620hp (limited by pump gas)

Here’s where personality really divides people:
                    13) Group Y- Get pissed a Civic beat them. Buy a GT4088, T88, Big arse twin scroll blah blah… etc… (~750-1,000hp). Beat 99% of cars in 2% of situations. Start hanging out at ¼ mile track and learn 1000hp Skyline isn’t as fast as a 1000hp Mustang. Talk about how they almost beat that car in the 1/4mile but “miss shifted” or “he was on slicks”… They say, “I think street cars should run on street tires” while poring $10 gallon race gas in their “street car”. Become bitter and start arguing with everyone on the forums.
                    13) Group X- Wonder why a Civic beat them. They learn: if you’re in correct gear and rpm you can smoke anything on street but all other rpm and gear combinations suck. Figure out problem is power band. Buy a set of GT-SS turbo (~580hp). Go from beating 97% of cars in 30% of the situations to 95% of cars in 85% of the situations. They try to warn their buddies about going all top end power. They start talking about driving technique and suspension setting or maybe brake bias.

Sorry too much coffee and wild imagination… haha...

if you believe you're running lean. I would check vacuum/boost hose going to fuel pressure regualtor. Make sure it's not cracked or too hard. Also needs a good tight fit. I'd also check fuel pressure. if pressure is low hopefully it's just fuel filter.

-Jim

Comment

very good

..now only if each step was a button on the dash

Comment

Originally posted by jrhdohc View Post
                        1) Maintenance (like everyone as been saying) (Stock ~280-300hp)
                        2) Oil cooler
                        3) Drop-in filter, downpipe and exhaust ~320hp
                        4) Sport brake pads, ss hose, high temp. fluid
                        5) Boost controller (boost up) and ecu tune ~360hp
                        6) NISMO suspension link bushings and Sport shocks
                        7) Cams, cam pulleys (tuned), re-tune ecu ~410hp
                        8) Radiator, sports cat, Clutch (if going bad) and LSD
                        9) N1 or GT-SS turbo, NISMO airflow meters, fuel pump, injectors, headgasket and ecu re-tune ~500hp
                        10) Clutch (if didn’t replace earlier…)
                        11) Blown transmission – rebuild with close ratio gear set.

Clever people stop here. They start talking about driving technique and suspension settings or maybe brake bias.

12) Others try something crazy they heard makes power and blow their engine – rebuild engine with N1 block, 2.8 liter stroker, headwork including +10mm lift cams, all oil modifications. – sell N1 or GT-SS turbo to a friend – replace with GT2530KAI or GT-RS. aim for 700hp but end up with ~620hp (limited by pump gas)

Here’s where personality really divides people:
                        13) Group Y- Get pissed a Civic beat them. Buy a GT4088, T88, Big arse twin scroll blah blah… etc… (~750-1,000hp). Beat 99% of cars in 2% of situations. Start hanging out at ¼ mile track and learn 1000hp Skyline isn’t as fast as a 1000hp Mustang. Talk about how they almost beat that car in the 1/4mile but “miss shifted” or “he was on slicks”… They say, “I think street cars should run on street tires” while poring $10 gallon race gas in their “street car”. Become bitter and start arguing with everyone on the forums.
                        13) Group X- Wonder why a Civic beat them. They learn: if you’re in correct gear and rpm you can smoke anything on street but all other rpm and gear combinations suck. Figure out problem is power band. Buy a set of GT-SS turbo (~580hp). Go from beating 97% of cars in 30% of the situations to 95% of cars in 85% of the situations. They try to warn their buddies about going all top end power. They start talking about driving technique and suspension setting or maybe brake bias.

Sorry too much coffee and wild imagination… haha...

if you believe you're running lean. I would check vacuum/boost hose going to fuel pressure regualtor. Make sure it's not cracked or too hard. Also needs a good tight fit. I'd also check fuel pressure. if pressure is low hopefully it's just fuel filter.

-Jim
                        LMAO,

I was sure I had mist a step, I jumped directly to number 13, and started getting all my parts.
                        But when going trough all the number, there was absolutely no way I could make it as drivable
                        as I wanted, so selling Tomei, garrillo goodies with probably more to come, in order to start my
                        number 13 setup.

Where was this list 2 years ago ......
                        14 VW Jetta TDI
                        05 Sentra SpecV - winter beater -
                        95 240sx (RB25DET powered)
                        95 240sx ( powered)
                        89 GTR - Money Pit -

Comment

Working...
                        X