Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Leaking - What hose is this?

Guys,

I just noticed that the car is leaking oil on the 92 GTR. So i took out the flashlight and this is where i think it's leaking from. The clamp looks like its eaten its way through the hose, hopefully it's just that. Can you please tell me what hose is this? Thanks again.

Last edited by Murchie; 08-24-2011, 10:29 PM.

Is the hose coming off your ps pump?

Comment

It is somewhat still secured but as you can see it is worn a bit around the clamp. There is also oil on the hose and on the clamp. Is this the power steering pump as you mentioned?
      Last edited by Murchie; 08-24-2011, 11:26 PM.

Comment

That thing with a belt on it in your pic would be a power steering pump. If the hose is "connected" to that then that would be power steering fluid your leaking. If theres enough hose cut it and slide up. If not then auto supply store, match size, buy tubing or see if any locals have oem gtr kickin around.

Comment

blamo
          you need to change the hose going from the PS pump to the reservoir, i think its 65$ from nissan

Last edited by frankiman; 08-25-2011, 12:17 AM.
          sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Thanks for the info you guys provided. Much appreciated.

Comment

Soo, i just paid $180 to get a new hose put inn..

2h labour x $90/per hour= $180

opinions needed please. I think its quite a bit..for just replacing a hose.

Comment

wtf, who charges 90$/hour ?!!
                even the best shops here charge no more than 70
                sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

it's Toronto $100hr is average. I wish I could find a shop $60-$70
                  hoes can be copied at cisco on dixie & 401
                  do you have a picture?
                  Last edited by clone; 08-27-2011, 07:17 AM.
                  1993 GTR
                  1992 GTS-T Type - M (Sold)

Comment

I have that hose if you need it
                    Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Yea, $90/hr seems to be the average price. Ill try to get some pics upp,when I get home.

Frankiman, does it take to hours to replace the hose?..I have no mechanical skills. And just trying to understand the process of changing the hose little better.

Cschepp, thanks man..but I already got it replaced

Comment

Dude seriously if it takes hours you shouldn't be in the automotive industry. They hosed you
                        Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by Murchie View Post
                          Yea, $90/hr seems to be the average price. Ill try to get some pics upp,when I get home.

Frankiman, does it take to hours to replace the hose?..I have no mechanical skills. And just trying to understand the process of changing the hose little better.

Cschepp, thanks man..but I already got it replaced

its a hose with a clamp at either end. you should buy some tool kit from crappy tire thats on sale and learn how to tinker around the car. will save yourself a bundle. and look on here for stuff like that first. cschepp said he had one to spare. say he asked 50 bucks just for the hose and put it in yourself
                          - Adam

:
                          http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

Originally posted by cschepp View Post
                            Dude seriously if it takes hours you shouldn't be in the automotive industry. They hosed you
                            Sadly, I feel the same. And I guess I need to grow some balls and atleast try to work on my car my self...

Thanks once again for the help guys. Realy appreciated

Comment

Working...
                            X