Having some issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having some issues

Alright i took the car out a week ago and was pushing it pretty hard. Between 5k rpm and 6k it jerked a bit and took like 10 seconds to actually get to 6k rpm from 5. so obv i stopped hammering it. Then the car just dies coming up to a corner. I started it back up and drove 2 blocks to get home. I just bought this car so i decided to do an oil change. After i did the oil change it fired up no problem. An hour after though it won't start. turn's over and everything i'd assume it's lacking ignition or fuel. What changed within that hour?If any of you have had similiar experiences please share. Note: the plugs are brand new.

Thanks, Lance
    91 GTR
    10 Impreza
    Revs like a rotary, stings like a 2JZee

Fuel pump?

Sent from android using Tapatalk

Comment

Being an old car, the electrical/ignition usually needs an update
      Wiring the fuel pump directly to the battery will get a better contact
      And a new fuel pump is no more than $150 and beneficial. Could be the issue if the car will turn over and run and then all of a sudden not start. Lack of fuel, I've had similar symptoms pre upgraded fuel set up
      R33 GTST RB25DET series 1
      Stock motor, holset HX40, power fc d-jetro, bolt ons, 20psi = 492rwhp 364 lbft

Comment

What brand of fuel pump are you using?
        91 GTR
        10 Impreza

Comment

doesnt sound like fuel pump to me. if the fuel pump was faulty it most likely wouldnt start at all. if anything is wrong with the fuel pump its dropping off voltage causing it to die after its running. This doesnt mean the pump itself is bad but rather your wiring. Do a 12v conversion to your pump (google it) and see if it helps. for the $150 hes suggesting prob just buy a walbro 255lph or a oem replacement.
          1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

It isn't starting at all.
            91 GTR
            10 Impreza

Comment

Test for spark , fuel pressure first.
              Basics
              Favorites
              lucky_cefiro
              you\'re not listening
              entelijint
              stop saying "yall"... i'm picturing you with a mullet.
              mullet+skyline=*shiver* i dont even want to think about it
              Originally posted by specialedition
              He ended up popping a tired and he failed at life.

Comment

Originally posted by 91SkylineGTR View Post
                It isn't starting at all.
                o well then of course. check for fuel and spark. simple mechanical basics. to check for fuel you can simply pull a spark plug and smell it. or you can pull the feed line off of your fuel rail and prime the car see if fuel sprays. to check for spark pull a coil pack stick a spark plug in it and hold it close to ground crank it and see if it sparks.
                1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

Working...
                X