Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I in a delima please help !

Hi all,

I am a new permanent resident from UK, London in Vancouver. I am currently in London at the moment packaging together my last possessions for shipping to Vancouver. I have 1995 R33 GTR Vspec which has just been resprayed and perfectly built to my taste. I am in two minds about shipping it, what shall I do ? I have a container for the car ready or shall I sell it as it may be too much hassle to get it right for canada. HELP !

Can I speak to someone I can call you straight away

Ray

bring it !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Your best bet would be to call Canadian customs directly and address this issue with them. They'll answer all your questions, including registering the vehicle as a Canadian car.

Pics please
      1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

i dont see what the hassle would be really with bringing your car over
        especially if you are going to BC.
        Besides the time and money.
        If it was me id just sell it buy another here save all the trouble.
        Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

The car has a lot of of time and effort put in, I had to source a top secret body kit, nissan xenons, the engine is fully rebuilt to 600hp. Chromed engine bay, loads of HKS, tomei,SARD, ARC etc.. I not sure how much it will cost here to rebuild a one here in BC. It has the very very rare nismo ne1 exhaust on it as well.

Comment

Ya man bring it

Comment

Guys would you tell me whats needed to pass the car RIV etc... headlamps etc..
              Would I still need Day time running lights ?

Comment

If your moving to either BC or Alberta you wont have a problem getting it registered here! BRING IT

Comment

Originally posted by rayman View Post
                  The car has a lot of of time and effort put in, I had to source a top secret body kit, nissan xenons, the engine is fully rebuilt to 600hp. Chromed engine bay, loads of HKS, tomei,SARD, ARC etc.. I not sure how much it will cost here to rebuild a one here in BC. It has the very very rare nismo ne1 exhaust on it as well.
                  Seems like you already made up your mind.
                  You should get in contact with one of the BC importers as far as registry goes.
                  Real Skyline owners have lost at least one to a freakish accident (*- ω -) = #dungive'a

Comment

If you have any difficulty getting a hold of CBSA (Canada Boarder Services Agency) let me know. My wife works for them and can usually get info quickly.
                    PM for quickest reply.
                    Post Pics!

Comment

GTR's are worthless over here compared to over sees. You could sell it in the UK and build the same car here and still have money left over, not to mention you wouldn't have to deal with all the paper work and customs and everything else involved.

I mean a R33 GTR is Canada can now be bought for less then $12,000 !!!
                      "LAG is the time the guy beside you thought he won"

Comment

And that's on the road, pay the money and register it and that's it youre driving it. Save the hassle.
                        "LAG is the time the guy beside you thought he won"

Comment

Are you bring your "personal effects" in a container? If you are have a container then you should have a broker and they can do the paper work. All you have to do is find a local shop that can do the proper modifications and vehicle inspection and you are good. It's true that prices for Skylines are more in UK but time is money and it's not worth the hassle and time to start another search for a new Skyline build here.

Comment

The prices for GTR here in the UK are nothing as well, we had such in flood of imports here that you can pick up a skyline for 7000 pounds or less. You can get subaru impreza for 2000 pounds and EVO 8 for 6000. We don't pay tax every time you sell it as well. But getting the right one is a pain.

I am trying to attach pics, but keeps on asking for a URL. I am sure I had an option for add by computer.

Comment

Originally posted by rayman View Post
                              The prices for GTR here in the UK are nothing as well, we had such in flood of imports here that you can pick up a skyline for 7000 pounds or less. You can get subaru impreza for 2000 pounds and EVO 8 for 6000. We don't pay tax every time you sell it as well. But getting the right one is a pain.

I am trying to attach pics, but keeps on asking for a URL. I am sure I had an option for add by computer.
                              Click on the little box that is between the flim reel and the hyper link ( i think there is a tree in it) and when it ask's for a url click where it says "from computer"

Comment

Working...
                              X