GTR R34 transmission question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTR R34 transmission question

Is this the same as this?. If they are the 2nd one is a great deal right? thanks for the help!
    Oh yeah, and is it worth it to convert the transmission from an r32 to an r34 transmission?
    Last edited by Sri-LanKING; 02-25-2012, 06:31 PM. Reason: added another question

It is definitely not the same. The nismo one will be drop and go no modifying and your done. The one you were looking at will need the following:

-modified prop shaft ( half 32 welded and balanced to a 34)(32 front,34 rear)
    -modify trans mount
    -get a pull type set up going including the clutch unless you covert the trans to a push type
    -new rear end gears to match the r34 ratios in the trans.
    -creat some space for a larger dog box (will need to make space in the trans tunnel, check out rhd hybrids build as he has just gone through this)
    -change the speedo to mechanical unless you plan on running an aftermarket tach then leave it a electric.

I thought about doing this a million times until I saw the effort needed to do this and said I rather just save for a more simplistic trans. Too much!
    Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

oh ok, thanks i heard that the r32 transmission was weaker so how can I upgrade it? thanks anyways!

Comment

Well you can do a couple things:

-rebuild it and hope it lasts
        -buy the r34 and do all work
        -buy an r33 Gtr trans convert it to push type(I have "heard" the r33 ones are better)
        -buy an os giken setup, 12000$ later it better hold up....
        -or the one I would do is look on the Ausie website and try and find a used ppg box for the 32. This option will cost you 4000$ ish and that tranny has been said for an excellent trans to drive daily as others get a little rediculous for anything other driving than racing.

Just some options I have looked at. Try looking into the ppg though, you could launch that all day and brake axles instead of transmissions!

Comment

Originally posted by cschepp View Post
          Well you can do a couple things:
          -or the one I would do is look on the Ausie website and try and find a used ppg box for the 32. This option will cost you 4000$ ish and that tranny has been said for an excellent trans to drive daily as others get a little rediculous for anything other driving than racing.
          like this?
          and does it matter if you keep the transmission box or should I replace it as well?
          Last edited by Sri-LanKING; 02-25-2012, 08:14 PM. Reason: extra question

Comment

Sri how much power you plan on putting down?

Comment

I dunno but, around 500hp-ish probably more if things work out

Comment

Usually you can buy them as a fully unit. If your lucky you'll find a used one. Read into it. They do some excellent work.

Comment

ok, thanks out of curiosity would one of those PPG dog boxes be suitable for daily driving?

Comment

I would say that's your best bet. Most streetable

Comment

ok, thanks soo much!

Comment

I doubt you're going to be putting down enough power to need a new tranny... Even if you do, the engine is going to blow up before you even get a chance to wreck your tranny. Such is gtr life.
                        BNR32- Sold
                        1998 Evolution V

Comment

Not true..... With a 500hp motor that it is built reliably it will definitely blow up the trans on a good launch. Trans is a worth while investment!

Comment

You can see the power I am pumping out in my sig. Stock box and a tripple plate and, knock on wood, the trans hasn't popped yet. It's all in the drivers hands if it will last or not.

Jon.
                            Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

You can get teh stock trans built for a few grand so it won't break.

Libertysgears.com
                              1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                              2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                              2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Working...
                              X