275 on 9.5 rims ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 275 on 9.5 rims ?

Would you think this is excessive aka too much rubbing ?

For some reason, I always thought that you should have a tires as large as your rims hence why I have 245 right now. I realised by looking at different tires spec that 265/275 can fit well under a 9.5 inch rims.

However, the question now is will a GTR take that extra 30mm or will it rub ?

Thanks guys
    Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

I think franc can answer that for you. I remember him mentioning the amount of lateral movement in a rim within the rubber during a turn on a stretch like this.
    Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

I know tons of people with 255 on a 9" wheel, I'd assume 265 will work fine on a 9.5".
      BNR32- Sold
      1998 Evolution V

Comment

i've already told him about this in person many many times, seems he doesn't thrust my judgement..
        sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Originally posted by Oakville View Post
          I think franc can answer that for you. I remember him mentioning the amount of lateral movement in a rim within the rubber during a turn on a stretch like this.
          I also remember the picture

Originally posted by frankiman View Post
          i've already told him about this in person many many times, seems he doesn't thrust my judgement..
          1) You mentionned 255 on a 9 inch rims ( or was it 265?) . I'm wondering 275 on 9.5, just a little different. I also know tires are different so some tires might run wider/narrower than other. 3) Many many times ? I only remember talking about this once. 4) dude, you really sound like your offended »? just wondering if other have fitted 275 without rubbing.

If I go 275, excsta XS, if I go 265, star spec.

Originally posted by quadracer111 View Post
          I know tons of people with 255 on a 9" wheel, I'd assume 265 will work fine on a 9.5".

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

275s will fit no problem on a 9,5" rim
            and with the offset of your wheels will fit inside the fenders too
            sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

theres pics of a 275 on 9.5 and 265 on 9.5. it depends if u want bulge or not.. i put 265 on 10'' rim and it fits good/lil stretch (hardly). but fits good on the car.

Comment

I use this all the time. See for yourself.
                Last edited by bobbo; 10-30-2012, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Hey Cobraa! I have 275s on my rear 9.5 rims (fit great on rims but think that it would rub on front). The car is dropped but not slammed and it fits... But as I have 245s on front, the overall wheel diameter is staggered so i can't run AWD... Next spring I will sell the 275s (hate to do that 'cause they grip alot) but I want back what a GTR is designed for... If you want them, we can deal something out: they''re pretty much like new...
                  My sky got 99 problems but to find bitches ain't one

Once you go sky; Parts you're going to buy...

Comment

275 ideal for 9.5

Comment

Originally posted by Fred-R View Post
                      Hey Cobraa! I have 275s on my rear 9.5 rims (fit great on rims but think that it would rub on front). The car is dropped but not slammed and it fits... But as I have 245s on front, the overall wheel diameter is staggered so i can't run AWD... Next spring I will sell the 275s (hate to do that 'cause they grip alot) but I want back what a GTR is designed for... If you want them, we can deal something out: they''re pretty much like new...
                      the possible reason for rubbing ,wheel offsets are wrong

Comment

I will have to check but it looks like it's +22 on 17'' rims, 9,5 width
                        Last edited by Fred-R; 10-30-2012, 09:50 AM.
                        My sky got 99 problems but to find bitches ain't one

Once you go sky; Parts you're going to buy...

Comment

I have a friend running 275's on an 8" mustang rim lol
                          1989 R32 GTS-t (Sold)

Comment

I have 265 on 9" if that helps
                            01 Chevrolet Maliboom-boom (winter BEATER)
                            93, 94, 96 Toyota Supras
                            95 R33 GTS-T
                            04 R44 Raven1 helicopter

Comment

Thanks for your opinion. However, I'm not looking for tha bulde look like it was shown on the evox link. so I think my choice will end up with the 265

Comment

Working...
                              X