Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caliber676 View Post
    Oh, saw that you live in Edmonton. Statement retracted
    Lol, no prob. Really glad I didn't, had almost a foot and a half of snow in my driveway when I got home from work. Had to drift into my driveway, shoulda snapped a pic as I ended up sideways in my driveway lol.
    1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
    -Bruce Lee

Comment

I've got the exact same one from Charles and it looks perfect, Can't wait till my car gets here also to put it on. Hopefully you have pictures off whats needed for the install by then though

Comment

I've seen what needs to be fabbed up. Frankiman posted his install above if you need some info. He also has the same diffuser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

-Bruce Lee

Comment

Ok, start drooling on your keyboards lol.
          I apologize for the cell phone pics.

Fitment was bang on! Only had to trim a tiny bit to clear my under axle exhaust pipe (3" diameter).
          Props to Charles aka C-unit for the diffuser. It looks great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
          Last edited by Voodoo_ChildR32; 03-26-2013, 10:55 PM.

-Bruce Lee

Comment

Damn that looks good! Too bad my mud spats wouldn't work with that design.

Is there a need to shield it from the exhaust? It looks like it touching it in the pictures, It would be a loose butthole if it melted the diffuser
            “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

since its carbon fiber, it has a very high resistance to heat

thats why i use a carbon shield on the bumper right over the exhaust,

basically, carbon fiber will hold up to a direct flame without catching on fire
              sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Originally posted by caliber676 View Post
                Damn that looks good! Too bad my mud spats wouldn't work with that design.

Is there a need to shield it from the exhaust? It looks like it touching it in the pictures, It would be a loose butthole if it melted the diffuser
                I had to remove my mud guards in order to fit the carbon spats. I trimmed the spots closest to the exhaust so there is a small clearance there.

I was iffy at first, but after it was installed I quickly changed my mind lol.

-Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by frankiman View Post
                  since its carbon fiber, it has a very high resistance to heat

thats why i use a carbon shield on the bumper right over the exhaust,

basically, carbon fiber will hold up to a direct flame without catching on fire
                  Does that include the resin or just the fibre? I'm planning to work with some carbon fibre and make some parts but can't recall seeing the resins heat limitations.

Would make sense though as you referred to the heat shield
                  “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Working...
                  X