Awd/2wd switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awd/2wd switch

Alright so i installed an awd/2wd switch in my GTR a couple weeks ago and i have run it though the fuse inside the car. Anyways i have always shut the car off to switch it to 2wd or back into awd and today i was trying to find online whether this as necessary to shut the car off or not and i cant seem to find a definitive answer. Some sites say you have to shut the car down, some sites say you have to come to a stop but do not need to shut the car off, other sites say you can just switch it whenever because the awd system is already running but isnt receiving any signal from the sensor so switching it back while driving will just start sending the signal etc..

Im sure this question has been asked plenty of times before but im finding no definitive answer so i figured id just ask. Does anyone know whether or not you have to shut the car off or come to a stop at least before switching to 2wd, or before switching back to awd?
    1989 GTR - summer toy
    2011 Ram - winter beater

Switching to 2wd can b done anytime, but into 4wd I have to come to a stop, dont have to shut the engine off, unless I'm up to Speed on the highway, I can go from 2 to 4 anytime

Comment

Is there a DIY post for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Redone View Post
        Is there a DIY post for this?
        its pretty straight forward. i installed a simple switch to the right of the steering column then just unplug the fuse and run 2 wires, put an inline fuse in one though.
        1989 GTR - summer toy
        2011 Ram - winter beater

Comment

Sounds like a lot of messing around. I just bout a $600 (landed) one and after install, looks pretty unreal. Also does torque splitting.
          Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
          Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
          Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
          Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
          White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
          lol

Comment

what about for r33 GTR ??,,, everyone I talk to says it's not possible on the R33,,,
            but companies have it ???

Comment

You can do it all you want, just keep in mind that the 33 and 34 transfer case clutches have some preload on them and you will wear out the clutch pack really quick if you are doing a ton of burnouts. If you keep them short and sweet and lay off the drifting you will be ok for quite a while.

Jon.
              Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Working...
              X