Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on fixing front and rear car plates

Dear All Skyliners brothers,

I am in BC and i need advice on how to install the front and rear car plates issued from our local autobroker. The rear car plate doesnt fit and i can only tighten with one bolt on the top left corner just to hold the plate for now. My front bumper doesnt have any brackets to hold the front car plate except for 2 bolts hidden behind the bumper( the gap between the intercooler gap and the top grill) can any brothers from BC please give me advice on this, coz i do not want to drill holes on my front bumper?

Thank you

Re-drill the plates to fit. Post a pick of what you have up front, sounds like your plate bracket is missing.

Jon.
    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Buy some L brackets for the front
      “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

http://imageshack.com/i/0s5vpqj

Here is the picture of my front bumper. Not sure if the upload works

Comment

Can you guys post some pics of your front L brackets and where did u get it?

Comment

I made custom mounting brackets for the front out of strips of metal and it cost me nothing. I made sure number plate sits over bumper, sticks out slightly from bumper, as number plate doesn't fit into recessed gap on the front. Basically number plate doesn't sit where air goes to radiator, intercooler, etc.
            Last edited by Skym; 06-22-2013, 11:48 AM.
            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Move to NS so you won't need a rediculous front plate

Comment

From Ontario but I just drilled 2 holes for the new plate and 2 holes for the current bracket on an aluminum strip, similar to this: http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/2021834...x#.UcY-6D7F1SY

just went and bought what i thought would work, probably could be done much cheaper. made it for the front and back plates
                97' R33 GT-R Vspec
                Sonic Silver

www.arnejatrading.com

Comment

Cusco from license plate relocator.

Comment

Much appreciated guys, ill keep you guys updated on the progress. Great community

Comment

i think walmart have universal plate mount, i got a set from US tho, here should have it, look at walmart or can tire

Comment

Yes, Crap Tires has them as universal plate mount and I think you can find them in the trailer section. I bought one at Midland Liquidation on Kingsway a few years back, can't find it at the moment.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en

Comment

I've talked to a few cops and most importantly a CVSE guy and they don't see a problem with a full size decal that looks like your plate. As long as it is reflective and has your correct plate info on it, its good to go. Stick it to your bumper on the left side and no more issues.

Jon.
                          Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Thank you all for the generous advice.

Comment

I only have to have a rear plate but what I did was take a strip of Teflon and cut it to a little less than the width of the plate so you won't see the ends of it sticking out, screwed that onto the original Japanese plate bracket then screwed my license plate onto the piece of Teflon. That way the license plate was centered and I didn't have to drill any extra holes in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X