HELP PlEASE!! Driveshaft bolts will not come loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP PlEASE!! Driveshaft bolts will not come loose

Need desperate help, need to take out my engine and get it rebuilt, issue I'm having is the driveshaft bolts will not come loose no matter what I do. Been slaving on it for days and finally at this point, this is one of the final steps until it will finally come out.

Anybody have some tricks on how they did theirs?

Used WD-40
    Tried sniping with another wrench
    Tried heating the bolts up

Really wish I could get a breaker bar in there but of course a socket will not fit in there.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

I usually end up kicking the wrench to make it come loose

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Ya I just tried that, nothing is working. I'm screwed if I can't get it out. And I doubt the allan keys are going to be any easier.

Comment

I've been working on ships for over 10 years. We've had great luck with Tobasco sauce believe it or not. Soak them, wait an hour and then try again.
        WD40 is a "water dispersant". Not the best product for siezed bolts.
        There is also a product for freeing stubburn bolts that freezes the fastener.
        Seeing as though you've already tried heat these may not help.
        I feel your pain. Good luck.
        Last edited by bobbo; 07-29-2013, 09:35 PM.

Comment

WD40, a torch and an impact gun can get anything apart.
          Kroil and moov-it works great too.

funny note, The guy I bought my R33 tranny off decided to plasma cut the shaft cause the bolts were seized lol.
          Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
          Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
          Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
          Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
          White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
          lol

Comment

Use a freezing penetrant like wurth rost-off or the like. Unless you got someone or something to pin the driveshaft and a 3ft breaker bar your gonna need to use an impact gun. If you don't have one, invest in one and a cheap compressor. I use a nitrocat 1200k everyday at work. Gun is $150 bucks, has something rediculous like 1295ftlbs reverse torque. Even though your probably a back yard builder, an impact gun will save your ass for what it's worth and make assembly that much easier
            “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Originally posted by caliber676 View Post
              Even though your probably a back yard builder
              That's kind of insulting you don't know who I am or what I do haha..Not trying to be rude. I have pretty much any tool you can imagine in my garage.

If I could get an impact on it I would but I can't even get a socket on either side.
              Last edited by ShayMk; 07-30-2013, 11:53 AM.

Comment

try the WD40 with BlueFlame technology. I swear to God that **** will loosen any bolt, anywere

Comment

Don't need a socket on each side to crack it.... Get a long extension, a ujoint and you'll be fine. It's common issue on a 20 year told car, that's probably sat in storage for years.
                  No build thread.
                  1991 nissan
                  El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

I hope you dont heat the bolt directly, since it will make the bolt to get expension in the hole and then get more stuck. Try to heat around the bolt, also i use the Super P from Prolab and it act like black magic against stuck bolts. I got my bottle from Napa auto parts.

Comment

if you use heat u and make the nut red should come out no problem im guessing u r using an lil propane, blue one are not that strong get the red bottle at home depot the flame is 10 time stronger..

Comment

use 2 wrenches to get leverage and crack that b**ch open..

Comment

I just had the same issue with a stripped bolt on my exhaust. Heat worked well, hit the bolt and surrounding housing for about 60 sec and tried. Then if I couldn't get it off after some swearing I would soak it in liquid wrench and go take a 39 min break. Rinse and repeat until she comes off. Good luck! I hate frozen bolts with a passion.

Comment

Working...
                          X