R32 gtr fuel tank external drain plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R32 gtr fuel tank external drain plug

So as we all know gtrs don't have a fuel tank drain. I am goin to be switching back between pump and race gas frequently so I would like an easier solution for draining my tank than the conventional methods. Has anyone ever pulled the tank and tapped in an external drain plug? Basically I'm wondering if it has been done and if the walls of the tank are even thick enough to tap and if so what type of plug I could use that would seal well enough.

Cheers
    Jon
    1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Don't wanna drain from the fpr?

sent from a galaxy far, far away

Comment

Me be tough. Gtr tanks are plastic... gtst tanks are metal. Might be hard to tap a plastic tank.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
      Currently rollin' in a 1997 Nissan 240sx こうき

The artist formally known as Cory Scheuer

Comment

Got it all sorted I'm picking up a spare gtr tank tomorrow for a trial experiment but should be good. Won't be tapping due to the tank being plastic but will be using a bulk head with a an10 and a cap

Here's the idea
        Free Shipping - Jaz Products Fuel Cell Fast Flow Fittings with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Bulkhead Fittings at Summit Racing.

Comment

Got it all sorted I'm picking up a spare gtr tank tomorrow for a trial experiment but should be good. Won't be tapping due to the tank being plastic but will be using a bulk head with a an10 and a cap

Here's the idea
          Free Shipping - Jaz Products Fuel Cell Fast Flow Fittings with qualifying orders of $109. Shop Bulkhead Fittings at Summit Racing.

Comment

make shur you get a JIC cap and not just a NPT one, It will leek.
            1991 skyline GTR
            1969 corvette
            1989 cavalier Z24
            1991 skyline GTR
            1985 VW scirocco

Comment

Working...
            X