600 awhp Twin Turbo Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 600 awhp Twin Turbo Setup

Hey guys I'm planning on building up my r32 gtr for 600 awhp and to be a street/track car. I know I will need to upgrade my turbos to accomplish this. Any advice on which turbo setup would be ideal for my needs? I'd like to keep the twin setup as I believe they would have a quicker spool, if that is true or not I have no clue. I'm also thinking of doing a top mount.

If going twin for 600 whp, twin efr is a good route. Them again there's probably 1000 different possible combinations to achieve that power, I'm sure you'll be informed in a short amount of time.

sent from a galaxy far, far away

Comment

turbo tech has changed alot , its entirely possible to get a quick spooling single to produce a decent power band with your target in mind. 7670 efr borg warner on a 6 boost mani or a full race mani . cheaper than twin setup , easier to maintain and install.

There are so many variables here and the question is very hard to answer .

I would suggest looking through some of the build threads to get an idea of what people are doing to reach their goals , and also the other areas of the forums. Just about everything has been covered here about tuning a skyline . The more you read , the more you'll learn and understand the platform.

Comment

why did nobody said the dash 5s yet? Bolt on turbos, I made 590rwhp and theres still room for extra hp... I'd go that route if your on a budget powerwise...
        My sky got 99 problems but to find bitches ain't one

Once you go sky; Parts you're going to buy...

Comment

If you have money, twin EFR will get you there and they're resonable kits at 6-8k depending on options. Most people go to single because its cheaper than say bigger twins toppers (that aren't bolt on). Singles are Toby to bear on cost and performance though ran rarely look as good as twin top mounts (opinion).

Devil at cry has a sick twin top mount kit for sale (-5) that can reach 600awhp and is reasonably priced

I went twin EFR top mounts but I'm almost $9k into them now... might see 700whp if I'm lucky.
          Last edited by Bruizer; 10-25-2013, 01:49 PM.
          No build thread.
          1991 nissan
          El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

This is from left field and maybe off track but how much boost would be needed say from -5 turbos to achieve this with only cams, fueling, and exhaust mods?

Comment

No hate here but if you want 600whp out of a 20 year old GTR with minimal mods, you'd headed for a catastrophic bed shitter.

A newer mustang can punch that out with the said mods (exchange turbos for supercharger) but that sounds tough on a gtr.

But being the internet that the fact I haven't done it, do it so we can end the debates of what limits a stockish setup.
              No build thread.
              1991 nissan
              El terror

Comment

Originally posted by Bruizer View Post
                No hate here but if you want 600whp out of a 20 year old GTR with minimal mods, you'd headed for a catastrophic bed shitter.

A newer mustang can punch that out with the said mods (exchange turbos for supercharger) but that sounds tough on a gtr.

But being the internet that the fact I haven't done it, do it so we can end the debates of what limits a stockish setup.
                If that's directed at me my engine was rebuilt maybe 30000kms ago, and id rather play with it and let it blow then rebuild it again. Was just curious the boost cause I read stock internals cant take much more than 20 psi but others disagree

Comment

oh, sorry, yeah you should be able to handle that power no problem, wasn't hating, just stating. If I recall, 1.6bar is what was needed on the last one I drove. Stock head, intercooler, exhaust and so on. twin -5s.
                  No build thread.
                  1991 nissan
                  El terror

Comment

This is already cheap considering new turbos alone will run you $2000.

If you don't like the color, it could be repainted. sick.
                    No build thread.
                    1991 nissan
                    El terror

Comment

Okay thanks Bruizer. Maybe I will get to 600 lol And to answer the OP I think -5 would be a cheaper route just my opinion

Comment

I went twin EFR top mounts but I'm almost $9k into them now... might see 700whp if I'm lucky
                        Bruizer, so what EFR's are you running? 7670's? I did some research on those and they seem pretty BA in my opinion. And reliability is a big issue in this too, as no one likes to have to constantly fix their car after one weekend of driving it ha.

Comment

Originally posted by scottiep View Post
                          Bruizer, so what EFR's are you running? 7670's? I did some research on those and they seem pretty BA in my opinion. And reliability is a big issue in this too, as no one likes to have to constantly fix their car after one weekend of driving it ha.
                          sadly I only wanted up to 800hp so went with the smaller 6258s (450 each).

twin 7670 would be some crazy 1000+whp turbos but are huge.

reliability is no issue. When they break, you replace them. No rebuild kits for EFRs...

Constantly fix? Why yes, you play hard, you pay hard. high horsepower in little engines like these don't last 10 years.
                          Last edited by Bruizer; 10-25-2013, 05:54 PM.
                          No build thread.
                          1991 nissan
                          El terror

Comment

Working...
                          X