No announcement yet.

Where to bolt on the seatbelt harness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to bolt on the seatbelt harness?

car: 1992 BNR32

what I thought was going to be simple turned out to be very confusing. My stock (driver) seatbelt broke so I installed a harness bar and 4-point seatbelt harness. I've got everything installed and bolted down with the EXCEPTION of the left hip harness.

The bolt on the left side of the seat rail is too short to get another suitable bracket on there. what have most of you, that changed your harness, done to secure the left hip harness?

pictures, detailed instructions and any all help would be really appreciated. thanks in advance

email pics and instruction to cswinsf AT gmail-dot-com
    been there, wrecked that.

If the bolt is too short get a longer bolt?
    R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Could you use the same bolt that the seatbelt buckle uses rather than the seat rail?

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCaporaL View Post
        If the bolt is too short get a longer bolt?
        the bolt protrudes from the car itself and is not something that can be extended. it's the bolt anchor on the left side of the driver seat, in the rear. i found another way around it but it isn't ideal. i finally gave up and now my mechanic has it - hopefully he can work his magic on it.
        been there, wrecked that.

Comment

Yeah the Stud itself from the chassis isn't long enough. I was able to get mine to work if I broke the locking spring clip mechanism off the inboard harness hoop.

If you break the spring clip off and use some fancy finagling of the seat, you can make it work. It's just a struggle.

It's probably not the safest way, but you can make it work.

Comment

Working...
          X