Tire sizes, educate me :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire sizes, educate me :)

I just got a call from my moms tire guy he was looking for sizes for my car and what kind of tire I'm looking for. I have 17" msr rims on my car, not sure width id guess 9 but ill measure when I get home. The car is primarily a street car and I don't think it will see any track time this year aside from possibly a drag strip once or twice(Cayuga if that matters).
    I was wondering what I should look for in sizing and for that matter which number signifies whay(I realize I can google this). I'm not sure what profile or width tire would be good to run.

Car is currently on stock suspension and ride height.
    The tire brand will probably be Dunlop. I know he deals in them as that what all the trucks are riding on, however he may have other brands available.

Thank-you for your help.
    Last edited by rvander1992; 01-16-2014, 04:02 PM.

If you have a 17x9 rim I'd would suggest a 255/40/17. It's what I run and your speedo will still read correctly.

Comment

Depends on the width of your rim obviously.

as for tire numbers its usually a number like so 275/35R/18 (my tire size)

The first number signifies tire width in mm. How you size this depends on fitment you want, application and rim size.

The second number is the size of your sidewall in relation to your width. So in this case, your side wall would be 35% of 275mm (96.25mm). This affects ride feel primarily and is largely aesthetic aside from that.

The last number is rim diameter, only option here is to fit it the the rim size.
      Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
      hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

Working...
      X