Rb26 long block build price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rb26 long block build price

I would like some opinions on what the following r32 rb26 long block is worth. Note it does not have exhaust manifold or turbo, it has itb's and intake, ps pump, alternator, no flywheel.

And the following details:

-Nissan Skyline RB26DETT R32 engine and cylinder head castings
    -Greddy Intake Manifold Plenum / 2-piece
    Intake air temp sensor
    Coolant temp sensor
    Untilizes stock GT-R Skyline ITB technology
    -Thermalnator intake manifold gaskets
    -1000cc/96lb.hr Precision Turbo / Delphi Fuel Injectors (6) - part # 17113744
    -Custom Modified HKS High-Flow Fuel Rail - Features:
    Dual -6 AN outside male-style fuel line feed fittings (Phoenix Industries), TIG welded
    Single -6 AN center male-style fuel line return fitting (Phoenix Industries), TIG welded
    -AN -8 Feed/Return fittings - Oil Filter relocation adapter plate
    -Alternator/Brackets
    -Power Steering pump
    -GReddy High-Capacity Engine Oil Pump upgrade
    -ATI Super Damper
    -HKS RB-Series Adjustable camshaft gears
    -Port & Polished/Planed Cylinder Head
    -Complete engine gasket overhaul set
    -RB25DET RWD Transmission stock oil pan

Internal Engine Modifications

-HKS 272 Intake & Exhaust camshafts
    -Ferrea upgraded valves/springs/retainers valve train upgrade set
    -Eagle Connecting Rods
    -ARP Eagle 2000 Connecting Rod Studs
    -ARP Head Stud Kit
    -Cometic head gasket (thickness unverified)
    -Wiseco 6591M87 7.9-8.25:1 Compression Ratio piston set with new wrist pins, snap rings, and piston rings.
    -ACL Race Bearings: Crankshaft journal bearings
    -ACL Race Bearings: Connecting Rod journal bearings
    -GReddy/Trust Main Cap Girdle Studs

My estimate is around $10k plus machine shop costs. Based on buying a stock long block and doing all labour myself except machining.

Any input would be helpful.

it may have costed 10k but its not worth that. You can get forged bottom ends and upgraded heads with economy aftermarket parts for 5k. If your willing to spend 10k on something like this I would suggest you purchase the parts yourself and build your own engine. You could run into a nightmare trusting someone else's work, machine shop and "parts" they've installed.
    “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

I think i kinda agree with caliber. If you have the money lying around the most expensive part of that owuld probably be bare block and head(keep in mind i've never researched forged components however i have looked up price of blocks when others ask on here). You could buy yourself a full engine for 1500-2 grand on here, infact i think someone has a full forged bottom end that needs to be pieced together for 1650 in the for sale section right now. If you bought that you would have to source a head, give it a port police and knife edge job(patience required i hear) and build the head the way you want. Probably cost you 5-6k, possibly 10k with your time included, but then you know its your time not somoene else being rushed in a shop possibly not using hte parts you ordered(however i can't see this happening often in real life). Then again this is tired rambling so take everything said with a grain of salt, especially since i have no experience in building a bottom end or head, simply refreshing gaskets and cleaning parts with brake cleaner. No precise tolerances there

Comment

I'd say 4-5k for above reasons and market value very middle of the pack parts nothing too flashy to drive up the price.
        1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

I bet the head cost the original owner at least 4k.

Op, I have a similar build. I'll pm you my bill.
          oh hai!

Comment

I'm sure it did. Honestly I think it would command a lot more if it weren't for the eagle rods and greddy oil pump. No crank collar. No sump extension, no valve guides etc
            1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

My lump ran me near $20k but I'd get laughed at if I asked 12k after turning the key once.
              No build thread.
              1991 nissan
              El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

He could buy a Top Secret Engine and be done with it =p

Comment

That's not a bad price really. I built a tomei engine (not Genesis but same parts) and it was bonkers...
                  No build thread.
                  1991 nissan
                  El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

Originally posted by Bruizer View Post
                    My lump ran me near $20k but I'd get laughed at if I asked 12k after turning the key once.
                    It ALWAYS costs more than you think it will. My Tomei build was close to the same price, full re&re. And I got lots of discounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Z-Tuned View Post
                      It ALWAYS costs more than you think it will. My Tomei build was close to the same price, full re&re. And I got lots of discounts.
                      Weren't those tomei rods/pistons/bearings and r34 crank used?
                      Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                      Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                      Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                      Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                      White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                      lol

Comment

Working...
                      X