Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro/Find my old GTR!

Hi Guys,

I sorta introduced myself in the large intro thread but i'll post a quick thing here aswell. My name is Peter, 26, live in Winnipeg, MB and have been a Nissan fanatic since I was 18 with my first car, a 1990 Skyline GT-R. Currently own a 2006 Lancer Evolution GSR, loving it but it's my first non-nissan car and while its great fun I've always dreamed about being back in the R32.

Little backround: Purchased the GTR locally from a fellow at Coyote Cars when I was 18, being a little wet behind the ears with a car of this magnitude I took my time researching it and doing minor maintenince. I got into a small fender bender with it in a parking lot, and at the time I was a Autobody mechanic at a Nissan dealership. While it was in for the fix I decided to do a full color change from Gunmetal grey to Bayside blue. Unfortunatley one weekend the compound was broken into and the car was vandalized among others the day before it was going to go into the booth! I was torn. Insurance company thought I did it and was under investigation etc for a few months. Long story short I was found not to blame for the incident and recieved a horrible settlement.

Car went to auction and sold to a local and I haven't seen it since.

Fast forward 8 years and in that time I have owned a 1990 Fairlady TT 2+2, a 1995 RPS13 200sx, and now what I currently drive a 06 Lancer Evolution 9 GSR.

I know it's a longshot but out of curiosity I would love to get an update on it if he is on the forum, and maybe find myself back in the seat of a R32 again one day.

I will throw up some pictures of my old skyline and my current car for you pic whores like myself

Thanks for hearing my speil and looking forward to hanging around on the forums.

The GTR

The Evo at Driven Car show last year.

Comment

What a beast of a first car for a youngster! Hope you find it!
      I had a similar brush with insurance and light damage and ended up losing my skyline too...
      (O||o___SKYLINE___o||O)

I'm thinkin' RB's

Comment

The great white buffalo
        Facebook: http://amcurl.com/AKd | Twitter: http://amcurl.com/UOWClick here to buy tickets at AMC: http://amcurl.com/aOmThe guys talk about the ones that got ...
        “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Originally posted by jesusjuice View Post
          What a beast of a first car for a youngster! Hope you find it!
          I had a similar brush with insurance and light damage and ended up losing my skyline too...
          It wasn't "technically" my first, first car was a Eagle Talon TSi, it was a work in progress that I fixed more than I drove so I don't even consider it a first. Sorry to hear about your loss aswell.

Hahaha yeah you could say I'm trying to find my Great Gunmetal Buffalo

Comment

there was a bayside blue r32 written off this summer, only one i know of in the city in the last few years...
            1990 Mazda Manyata (Turbo Miata 6psi 175whp 172wtq)
            1991 Nissan Skyline GTR (13.5psi estimate of 320whp)

Comment

Originally posted by JosiahP View Post
              there was a bayside blue r32 written off this summer, only one i know of in the city in the last few years...
              Yeah I had seen it posted on kijiji for parts and such, not mine though.

When mine when to the insurance auction is was dismantled and fully sanded/prepped for the paint boot. So it wasn't pretty, bumpers stuffed inside the car and interior destroyed.. It had the Volk wheels and ARC intercooler and IIRC Apexi intakes.

Comment

same volks in the picture? try posting on Top Tier Imports, local cal forum for winnipeg. pretty much anyone who owns a skyline in the city is on there. Best of luck in your search!

Comment

same volks in the picture? try posting on Top Tier Imports, local cal forum for winnipeg. pretty much anyone who owns a skyline in the city is on there. Best of luck in your search!
                  Thanks!

Yeah same wheels, last resort is posting on there. Not a huge fan of the content on that forum personally. I usually just stick to the Evo forums cause not alot of relavent content on there for me.

Comment

Understandable man! Keep me posted if you do find it, I'm really interested to find out if you track it down! Are you hoping to buy it back if you find it or just want to know what happened?

Comment

i see your evo all the time on portage. i also remember that ordeal about your car getting vandalized. i could be wrong but maybe it went to brandon. i know there is a blue one out there.
                      Check out Top Tier Imports. Sign up today! http://www.toptierimports.com
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/TopTierImports?feature=mhee

Comment

Yum is the Evo for sale?

Comment

Understandable man! Keep me posted if you do find it, I'm really interested to find out if you track it down! Are you hoping to buy it back if you find it or just want to know what happened?
                          Well if I do track it down I definatley like to hear the story, and if depending how it is now I may consider trying to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nismo_line View Post
                            i see your evo all the time on portage. i also remember that ordeal about your car getting vandalized. i could be wrong but maybe it went to brandon. i know there is a blue one out there.
                            Yeah I see your GT-S all the time comming home from work, very nice. Thats the thing when it was sold at MPI it was all sanded and still technically gunmetal, I have to assume they painted it, which color I don't know which makes things a bit difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpeople View Post
                              Yum is the Evo for sale?
                              Everything is always for sale...for the right price lol but im definatley not trying to.

Comment

Working...
                              X