Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about adjusting ride height

Hello,

I recently purchased and installed a set of Bilstein PSS9 coilovers on my R33 GTR. I was successful in lowering the rear coilovers but I ran into a small problem with the front.

[/URL]

The lower collar hits the control arm preventing me from lowering it any further.

[/URL]

I was wondering if I can add a small washer to push the coilover slightly out to give it a bit of clearance between the collar and control arm.

Has anyone ever done this and tracked their car? Would the extra millimeters put too much shear on that stud?

Thanks.

I think you should be fine
    “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

How do you like them? Was thinking of pulling the trigger on them

Comment

I notice that the brake hose clip holder is set between collars. If you look at other brands of coilovers you'll see that clip is either welded lower on the tube or clamped-on type. I would relocate that holder under the lower collar and secure inplace with a large hose clamp, this way you have to bring the lower collar up so the larger collar will sit directly on top instead of having a large space in between.

Comment

this ^^
          sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

I have no idea how it rides as I have yet to drive my car. If you send me a PM in the summer, I'll let you know though.

Thanks for that input. Relocating the brake hose holder will also fix the problem as there is more room further up. Could you specify what you meant by keeping it in place with a hose clamp? How would clamping it hold it in place?

Comment

Nvm, I get you now. Just remove the metal hose clip and secure the line to the strut right?

Comment

I think he ment the brake line holder is a metal ring that slides over and has some sort of flip mechanism to hold it in place on the strut. I wouldn't use a steel hoseclamp on a nylon line to a strut thats going to be vibrating/bouncing. You could use wire clamps to hold the line onto something that sits solid on the car. They are rubber lined so vibrations shouldn't disturb your line and will do a similar job to the oem bracket. Alternatively you could bolt the oem bracket to something solid

Comment

Originally posted by albertm7 View Post
                  Nvm, I get you now. Just remove the metal hose clip and secure the line to the strut right?
                  Something like that but for me I would fabricate a new bracket for the brake line and secure it with a large hose clamp (go google for skyline coil overs and you're see some examples) or modify the existing bracket so that you can secure it with the clamp. you could try pushing the bracket up one you set your height and lock it in place with the clamp from below.

Comment

Originally posted by rvander1992 View Post
                    I think he ment the brake line holder is a metal ring that slides over and has some sort of flip mechanism to hold it in place on the strut. I wouldn't use a steel hoseclamp on a nylon line to a strut thats going to be vibrating/bouncing. You could use wire clamps to hold the line onto something that sits solid on the car. They are rubber lined so vibrations shouldn't disturb your line and will do a similar job to the oem bracket. Alternatively you could bolt the oem bracket to something solid

You can use these clips too. use T-bolt clamps and secure this clip to the bolt and extra nut and lock washers.

Comment

Working...
                    X