What is it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is it worth?

Hey guys looking at a potential new to me GT-R for summer, let me tell you a little about it.

1992 Gun Grey, pictures that I have seen of the car looks reasonable if you expect to spend some money anyways. I don't expect to buy a perfect GT-R for under 10k. Anyways, There is no rust around the rear window trim or in the rear wheel arches so I am not expecting any real rust anywhere else, some small dings and scratches expected for a car of its age. Has factory wheels still with a little rash, Will need tires. The cluster shows 160,000km this seems high to me. I have no way of telling if the cluster is original or not, Guy took the OE spoiler off but is including it in the sale? or so I am told. Only mods done to the car are a de-cat and front strut tower bar. If I was being a hard judge on the car based on the hella dirty engine bay and far from clean interior I would judge the car over all at a 5 out of 10. 1 being a bucket of bolts and 10 being a showroom quality GT-R. On to the bad stuff that contributes to my 5 out of 10 score. Car is from Alberta and I am in Saskatchewan so it will need to pass OOP inspection, The real cherry on the cake is it was just curbed and needs a control arm, tie rod, ball joint.

Asking price is 8500 OBO, I would have to travel about 1000km to pick the GT-R up and get it home. Rent a trailer ect.. I have been told it shifts smooth with no grinds and has had all fluids changed before the it smashed into a curb. I am guessing is will cost about 9000 - 9200 to get the car home. Then cost of repairs and my time. I want some feed back from the GT-R experts.. What is it worth?/What should I offer him as price is OBO? What other questions would you ask based on the information I already know?

Thanks

1992 Gts-t, BPU. (SOLD)
    1990 Gts-t, BPU. (SOLD)

I'd say it's worth about a three fiddy.

It sounds like a heap. A hit causing a control arm to bend almost always needs more than that.
    “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Yea bro, lol three fiddy.. That's what I was thinkin..

I agree, reading my original post back it dose sound ''heapish'' lol. I am worried about the owners curb smashing skills, they must be sharpened to bend stuff..
      1992 Gts-t, BPU. (SOLD)
      1990 Gts-t, BPU. (SOLD)

Comment

Always better to wait for the right car than get something that will suffice. See if you can get something that you really like in your area even if it means waiting

Comment

Originally posted by rvander1992 View Post
          Always better to wait for the right car than get something that will suffice. See if you can get something that you really like in your area even if it means waiting
          This x 100000.
          Jordie Lewis
          1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

Originally posted by rvander1992 View Post
            Hmm, Good thinking. Good things usually come to those who wait..
            1992 Gts-t, BPU. (SOLD)
            1990 Gts-t, BPU. (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by S13Jordie View Post
              This x 100000.
              I fully agree.
              1992 Gts-t, BPU. (SOLD)
              1990 Gts-t, BPU. (SOLD)

Comment

It shifts with no grinds? That's a bit hard to believe with 160 clicks on the odo and a curb stomp. Price is a bit steep too, I'd see it more around 7k.

Anyway find the Skyline bible on google (not the FSM, the fan-written guide) and it'll tell you what to look for in a used GTR. I certainly would have liked to know about that little issue with the gap in the passenger side floor pan before buying mine...
                1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Originally posted by MarusGTR View Post
                  It shifts with no grinds? That's a bit hard to believe with 160 clicks on the odo and a curb stomp. Price is a bit steep too, I'd see it more around 7k.

Anyway find the Skyline bible on google (not the FSM, the fan-written guide) and it'll tell you what to look for in a used GTR. I certainly would have liked to know about that little issue with the gap in the passenger side floor pan before buying mine...
                  I dislike rust a fair bit, Oh well weight reduction for better skids. Bigger skids are better skids except when they are in your pants..

The lack of a grind in the trans leads me to believe a.) he is full of sh*t, b.) it dose not have the original cluster for some odd reason and the km on the car is actually much lower or c.) its a freaky mint trans. I like the sound of option a.) personally.

cheers
                  1992 Gts-t, BPU. (SOLD)
                  1990 Gts-t, BPU. (SOLD)

Comment

Thanks for the help and opinions all that posted, I think I have made my mind up. I would rather import myself and wait the 6 - 8 weeks than buy this GT-R for anywhere close that asking price. It needing a OOP and a bunch of repairs anyways is not any worse than bringing my own directly from Japan and I have a better selection if I import my own anyways. So I will wait a little bit for a nicer one to become available closer to me if not I will import my self.

cheers
                    1992 Gts-t, BPU. (SOLD)
                    1990 Gts-t, BPU. (SOLD)

Comment

Just thought I would follow up with all who posted, I did in fact order a GT-R from Japan a Day ago looking at a 6 - 8 week wait before it is here. It is a White 91. I will post up pictures for everyone when it is here.

Cheers Guys
                      1992 Gts-t, BPU. (SOLD)
                      1990 Gts-t, BPU. (SOLD)

Comment

Nice! any more details on the car?

Comment

From what I know of the A/M parts on the GT-R, it has:

- OMP Racing Superturismo steering wheel
                          - Trust Cat-back exhaust (Unsure of the model)
                          - Koyo aluminum rad

Some nismo bits:

- Hood
                          - Side skirts
                          - Front bumper
                          - Strut brace, front only (not 100% its a nismo part but looks like it)

The rest is all OE Nissan. Something close to 60,000 km on the clock. The Japanese website I bought it off of took it of as soon as I paid for it so I will have to ask for some pictures in the mean time to be 100% on the km's or I can take a look at my invoice at home but I will get back to everyone interested with the exact km.
                          Last edited by Spec-D; 03-22-2014, 05:31 PM.
                          1992 Gts-t, BPU. (SOLD)
                          1990 Gts-t, BPU. (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
                          X