No announcement yet.

Are most skyline adds on kijiji scams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are most skyline adds on kijiji scams?

I've looked into three in the last two weeks and all have used pictures from other websites ( which I noticed after I sent email). Kind of frustrating, not sure what the deal is but they never reply

There was one guy who had one I emailed. He supposedly had everything and would throw in a set of sparco seats for 5 grand. This was before I wanted to invest in a skyline and I didn't go for it. Kinda wish I had a month later I saw the same car up again but now it had had a front end collision.

Comment

Almost all the skylines I own came from kijiji. Never had a problem with it, you just need to know what you are looking for.

Comment

There is a lot of these there of course, but my experiences with Kijiji and the likes is that if the deal seems too good to be true, it usually is a scam.

Comment

Interior picture is from a magazine no response when messaged

Car belongs to someone in the uk that is on the skyline forum over there

Could be legit but won't respond to inquires

Im in no hurry and I know one will come up. First two adds I just can't figure out. Why would they post an add of a car that's not there's and not respond. Don't they usually at least tell you a story and ask for money. Anyway I'm coming to the conclusion that it's hard to find a nice gtr lol

Comment

Third ad could just be my phone but first picture is white the next three are silver. So presumably fake. Not sure why people do this, my buddies 10 yr old brother posted up fake ads for a while just to waste peoples time and send em to a parking lot somewhere. I generally try to respond to ads with phone numbers or stalk a phone number based off information provided. Maybe to weird?

Comment

People are f&$ked... That's why, will is right, if it seems too good to be true... It is. To be honest I'm a kijiji junkie, I've never had a problem..

Comment

Got my 92 GTR off Kijiji for 6k. Motor was destroyed, but the previous owner let me know there was problems. As long as you can see it in person, and examine the car with your own eye, I would say it's fine.
                Just give it a couple hundred kilometers. It'll shoot you right in the wallet.

Comment

Originally posted by rvander1992 View Post
                  Third ad could just be my phone but first picture is white the next three are silver. So presumably fake.
                  It's the sun reflection that makes the front end look white. If you look at the back the car is definitely grey. First and second picture are also taken at the exact same location, just different angles.
                  R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                  http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Originally posted by SFitter View Post
                    My friend actually bought this car lol. It is definitely not the same one in the picture but surprisingly close with the same colour and enkei nt03's. The car is actually in immaculate condition all around
                    97' R33 GT-R Vspec
                    Sonic Silver

www.arnejatrading.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kunzz View Post
                      My friend actually bought this car lol. It is definitely not the same one in the picture but surprisingly close with the same colour and enkei nt03's. The car is actually in immaculate condition all around
                      Looked like a great deal!

Comment

Just bought a '90 off of Kijiji at the end of January. First one I went to was so horribly rusted if you looked at it wrong it would crumble. Found another one 10 minutes away and bought it immediately!

Comment

My buddy posted his GTR on kijiji and got people messaging him and wasting his time. Some asked to test drive with no intention of buying... Some were across the border and wanted to "PayPal"... Couple Nigerian princes apparently wanted to buy it too.

With kijiji it's always a hit or miss. You just have to figure out how to filter through everyone's BS lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X